Gaia Sagrada Shamanic Retreat Center
- Cuenca, Ecuador
Gaia = Mother Nature, Mother Earth — Sagrada = Sacred
This is a magical journey through consciousness that will change your life forever. This is a chance to overhaul your system through shamanic healing and realize your full potential. Much healing will take place during these 12 days in mind, body and spirit during this Ayahuasca retreat and San Pedro retreat.
WHY DID WE CHOOSE ECUADOR instead of PERU?
We chose Ecuador because shamans have to be certified and authorized to practice their trade. It is important to us that everyone has a safe experience with skilled shamans who are approved by the government to practice their trade with integrity, skill and a proper education in this particular healing practice. Ecuador has more regulations for shamans.
Ecuador was also picked for the ease of entry for visitors (no shots or visas required, only your passport), and also for its gorgeous, magical, and natural settings (very lush and green!). Ecuadorian people are very friendly and helpful, and we have become quite a part of the Ecuadorian community around us.
WHERE IS GAIA SAGRADA?
Gaia Sagrada Shamanic Retreat Center is nestled in a small community called Llayzhatan (Yay-za-tan) in the Andes Mountains on 55 acres, about 45 minutes outside of the city of Cuenca, Ecuador. We are very near to Jadan (Ha-dan) which means “Close to Heaven.” What a perfect place for Gaia Sagrada!
WHY BOTH AYAHUASCA AND SAN PEDRO CEREMONIES?
We feel that offering both is very important because one without the other is not a balanced experience. Some shamans say Ayahuasca shows you what you need to change or heal, and San Pedro gives you the power to do it.
We offer both Ayahuasca and San Pedro ceremonies because the Ayahuasca is considered the feminine aspect of the medicines; San Pedro is the masculine aspect of the medicines. In this era, it is all about balancing the masculine and feminine aspects in each of us to attain true wisdom. These two very different medicines help with that in every individual.
MODERN, COMFORTABLE FACILITIES
Hot tubs, sauna and modern housing with electric, hot water, and WIFI make it easier to concentrate on your inner journey, yet stay in touch with the outside world if you wish.
We are practically bug free, the air is clean, never too hot or humid, and you can see the milky way at night in the sky with fireflies all around you. During the day is T-shirt weather, with sunny gardens to sit in, and hummingbirds to watch.
DESCRIPTION OF CEREMONIES
12-day Ayahuasca and San Pedro retreats are offered. During these 12 day retreats, 5 Ceremonies are offered: 2 Ayahuaca, 2 San Pedro, and 1 mixed with a powerful sweat lodge experience.
During the Ayahuasca ceremonies you are in a warm and cozy room with no light so you can truly journey deep within. We always have a few people standing by to help light your way to the bathroom, empty your purge bucket, and get you anything you need during the ceremony. Some centers have people express loudly and be dramatic, but our ceremonies are quiet and inwardly focused, with the shamans holding space, using music and Icaros at the proper moments to carry the energy. The shaman is there for your individual healing as you need it.
San Pedro Ceremonies
The San Pedro ceremonies are outdoors. One is during the night and one is during the day, which gives you a completely different experience. One of these ceremonies take place under our beautiful ceremonial gazebo patio, with the fire in the center and the fireflies and stars all around (night time). The daytime San Pedro ceremony takes place on the edge of a beautiful forest with a view overlooking the mountains, completely connected with nature in every way.
Sweat Lodge Ceremonies
The sweat lodge ceremony, with both medicines mixed, takes place outdoors in a beautiful field, with the birds chirping all around you. Connect with the Earth while you go through this deep, cleansing experience, a traditional shamanic offering as part of your healing and awakening. After the sweat lodge we sit under the stars and enjoy time around the fire, connecting with the shamans in a heart felt way.
In total, there are five ceremonies, three at night and two during the daytime so you can have a completely different experience with all the ways that shamans work with people in ceremony. There are many ways to experience shamanic ceremonies and we offer them all!
12 day retreat includes everything – sauna, hot tubs, wifi, food, several workshops and meetings + 5 ceremonies (2 Ayahuasca, 2 San Pedro, 1 both medicines + Sweat Lodge)
$1375 shared room
$1575 private room
$1975 private 1 bedroom apartment (Single)
$1575 each 1 bedroom apartment (Couples)
Our Retreats are At Cost, Non-Profit
We are NOT in this for money, we are in it for the awakening of humanity!
WHO ARE GAIA SAGRADA’S SHAMANS?
Our shamans are true Ecuadorian shamans, so you are getting the real thing! They are experienced and have great big hearts! You will love every single one of our shamans. Feel free to look on our shaman bio page for their history and photos. We spent years looking for just the right shamans to offer ceremonies here, and we bring the best of the best to you here in Ecuador!
Whenever there are problems with Ayahuasca or any other shamanic medicine ceremonies, it’s because the shamans mixed something into the medicine that shouldn’t be there. Sometimes shamans mix in Datura (Toe) or other ingredients to make the experience more intense. However, this is not true Ayahuasca and can become a nightmarish experience rather than a healing experience. When people have a terrible experience with Ayahuasca, it is usually because ingredients are mixed into Ayahuasca that shouldn’t be there (or from taking pharmaceutical or recreational drugs that should not be mixed with Ayahuasca.)
We use only the vine and the leaves for Ayahuasca, NOTHING ELSE! For the San Pedro medicine, only the cactus. Our shamans are under contract to make only the purest medicine with nothing else in it that could cause harm to anyone. Our medicine is the safest possible medicine that can be made, strong and pure.
WHY CHOOSE GAIA SAGRADA?
1. At Cost, Low, Non-Profit Prices, good karmic use of your money. This center is not about commercialism or making money and that is why we offer everything AT COST. Things in Peru cost a THIRD of what things cost in Ecuador, so this truly is our rock bottom cost! No one is getting rich at Gaia Sagrada, not even the directors who work only for housing, food and a small monthly stipend for toiletries and such. The directors only get $300 per month. This is about service to humanity, NO Ayahuasca commercialism.
2. Modern Housing And Facilities. Comfort allows you to focus more on your inner journey. Electric, hot water, modern toilets and showers, wifi internet… LUXURIOUS HOT TUBS and SAUNA. No mosquitoes or bugs. Big thick, comfy mattresses in a real bed in a modern room. No other Ayahuasca center has this level of comfort and amenities. Be comfortable while you journey into the universe within!
3. Shamans Are Registered, Trained, Skilled, And Evaluated. Shamans are examined by Ecuadorian government agencies for their ability to practice their trade, instead of countries where anyone can call themselves a shaman.
4. We use Stainless Steel instead of aluminum pots to cook our medicines, as aluminum is very toxic for your body. Most centers use aluminum cookware.
5. Ease Of Access for Travelers, no vaccines or shots required, Cuenca airport only 45 minutes away.
6. Not Hot Or Humid, pleasant weather all year round. No screeching animals and insects all night long, like in the jungle!
7. Medicine Is Safe, Strong, Pure And Unadulterated. NO additives or mixtures that could be dangerous to your health. We ONLY use pure traditional ingredients, only the vine and the leaves for Ayahuasca, and only the Cactus for San Pedro. NOTHING ELSE! Period! Our medicine is safer than places where they mix things that shouldn’t be included.
8. Sponsored By University Of Metaphysical Sciences, a leader in metaphysics and spiritual teachings, with credibility and tens of thousands of students all over the world.
9. We Offer Both Medicines, Ayahuasca (feminine) and San Pedro (masculine) medicines in order to provide a balanced experience. One without the other is not balanced.
10. Our Shamans Stay With You From Beginning To End, never leaving prematurely before the medicines are finished doing their work with you. At a lot of centers the shamans sing for just an hour or so, and then they end the ceremony and leave you on your own just when you are needing their guidance the most. It is not good if the shamans leave when the medicine is at its strongest heights! Our shamans stay with you for every part of your journey, until the medicine is finished doing its work with you. They are with you to guide you every step of the way.
11. 55 Acres To Hike On, plus miles and miles and miles of country roads to wander in wilderness and small, authentic, indigenous Ecuadorian communities to connect with, with the women wearing their normal indigenous clothing, walking sheep, cows and goats. You will never run out of beautiful vistas and places to explore. Here you will get a taste of what the REAL Andes Mountains of Ecuador are like, far from tourist traps.
TRANSFORMATION WITH LOVE!
You are supported in your Ayahuasca healing journey with love and kindness. You will have a true adventure in consciousness during these 12 days of Ayahuasca retreat and San Pedro retreat. This is a life changing event, a healing retreat that will change how you see yourself and life. Be ready to meet yourself at levels you never thought possible! Meet the master within you an explore the universe that you are.
Jul 29, 2017 - 5 days
Aug 12, 2017 - 12 days
Aug 12, 2017 - 7 days
Aug 19, 2017 - 5 days
Sep 2, 2017 - 12 days
Sep 2, 2017 - 7 days
Sep 9, 2017 - 5 days
Sep 23, 2017 - 7 days
Sep 23, 2017 - 12 days
Sep 30, 2017 - 5 days
Oct 14, 2017 - 12 days
Oct 14, 2017 - 7 days
Oct 21, 2017 - 5 days
Nov 4, 2017 - 7 days
Nov 4, 2017 - 12 days
Nov 11, 2017 - 5 days
Nov 25, 2017 - 12 days
Nov 25, 2017 - 7 days
Dec 2, 2017 - 5 days
Dec 16, 2017 - 7 days
Jan 13, 2018 - 12 days
Jan 13, 2018 - 7 days
Jan 20, 2018 - 5 days
Feb 3, 2018 - 7 days
Feb 3, 2018 - 12 days
Feb 24, 2018 - 12 days
Feb 24, 2018 - 7 days
Mar 17, 2018 - 7 days
Mar 17, 2018 - 12 days
Apr 7, 2018 - 7 days
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
tim merrigan May 31, 2017
We went to Gaia Sagrada may 2017 retreat 12 day retreat and it was amazing! This place is in the mountains of Ecuador with a beautiful setting. One of the main reasons I decided to go to Ecuador was the ease of getting to the retreat center. I also did not want to fight off mosquitoes in the jungle and in the mountains you did not deal with that. After experiencing this Amazing trip with my 2 boys, I am grateful to all the workers/ Shaman and Christine. They have designed a SAFE and comfortable place for people to do real healing. I also could not imagine if the Shaman did not speak English due to all the interactions that you have with them throughout the ceremonies. This is a place that cares about you and your journey, whatever the purpose looks like.
sherry varghese May 26, 2017
My first experience and I could not recommend a more beautiful..tranquil..place for a retreat..the people are wonderful..the shamans are amazing..especially Salvador..I feel the change in me and it's just been a week that I'm back to work and my normal routine..I haven't felt so happy in...i really can't remember how long...can't wait to go back in November..thank you Christine..thank you gaia sagrada..thank you for helping me see..
Amanda Schendel January 08, 2016
Gaia Sagrada not only exceeded each and every expectation I could have imagined, but it was far and beyond more magical and influential that anyone is able to put into words. I had been looking for a safe, clean and respected retreat for quite and while and had heard many great things about Gaia. However, the beauty, love and care put into this place are just absolutely amazing. I honestly cannot imagine a better center, a more caring owner/operator (Christine) and warmer, smarter and more powerful Shamans and Shamanas. Firstly, the area in Ecuador where you will be is clean, nearly bug-free, and has almost year round perfect weather. The pictures of the center do not do justice to how large and gorgeous it is. Its probably better that way, as the center is almost entirely full months in advance. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms and showers are huge and always clean, everyone loves to hang out in the "cottage" which has your own kitchen for guests, always filled with fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, etc. There's wifi, a yoga room, a TV room with Netflix and many areas to quietly read or meditate. The grounds are filled with huge trees, hiking paths, beautiful flowers and plenty of areas to explore. Most importantly, the Aya and San Pedro ceremonies with the truly gifted and loving Shamans will transform your life. I was honored to see not only my life and path change, but watch deep hurt, depression and anxiety lift off of people in a mere 10 days. You will be nothing short of amazed by the transformations that take place in this sacred area. Please don't waste time being afraid as many do. If the spirit is calling you, please know that you're in the best of hands and hearts at Gaia Sagrada.
I just did the Gaia Sagrada September retreat with the Ayahuasca and San Pedro and it was amazing! The price is half what other centers are charging and its 12 days instead of 7 or 8. This place is one i can really recommend. I’m going back next year. It was so pretty there too, and no mosquitos, love THAT. There were fireflies everywhere, clear stars, could see the milky way, the three shamans were just amazing, christ like people. Spoke english too so i could talk to them.