A Maker & Yoga Retreat: A retreat for your head, heart & hands.
- El Coco Loco Resort
- Apr 15, 2017 - Apr 22, 2017 (8 days)
- Starts at $1495 USD
Toronto’s The Make Den is headed for Nicaragua and we want you to come! Take a break from the hustle of everyday life and treat yourself to a beach-side, purposeful retreat to feed your creative soul. If you want to make things, make change, or just want to make more goodness in your life, this retreat is for you.
Work with your HEAD… Practice the art of mindfulness through daily yoga classes (no experience necessary), expanding our bodies and minds to their fullest, allowing us to create more goodness for ourselves and the world around us. When we gather with others who are CRAFTING meaningful lives we discover what is possible.
Work with your HEART… Opportunities to get involved with El Coco Loco’s non-profit Waves of Hope. A skills exchange workshop with a small group of local artisans? Or arts & crafts with kids in the community? Learn, share and play as you get to know the local creative community.
Work with your HANDS… You knew this was coming, as no Make Den retreat is complete without getting craft-y. Along with daily yoga, we will get our daily creativity on with projects & workshops lead by Irene Stickney. Want to design and make your own pair of leather sandals? Then this retreat is DEFINITELY for you!
// Your ‘Makers Retreat’ Package includes:
- 7 nights accommodation in the Coco Loco beach house or cabanas
- Transportation to/from Managua International Airport to El Coco Loco Resort.
- All meals: Vegetarian options always available. Appetizers and desserts every night 😉
- All non-alcoholic beverages: daily fresh juices, coffee, tea, water. -Alcoholic beverages for purchase.
- Daily Maker Workshop: Design and make your own leather sandals from start to finish! (All materials included in price)
- Daily Yoga: Morning and sunset sessions. Strong/energizing as well as slow flow/restorative styles
- Group surf lesson. Includes local surf instructors and board rental.
- ‘Bean to Bar’ chocolate-making workshop.
- Opportunity to get involved with El Coco Loco’s non-profit organization, Waves of Hope.
- OPTIONAL “add-on” activities (not included in retreat cost):
Relaxation Massages: USD $30/massage
Volcano Boarding: USD $65/person (minimum 8 persons)
Volcan Telica Twilight Tour: $75 / person (minimum 8 persons)
Beach Horseback Riding: USD $35 / person (includes guide & minimum 4 persons)
Additional Surf Lessnos: USD $55 / person (includes instructor & board rental)
Stand-Up Paddle Board Tour: USD $35 / person
// YOUR HOSTS
Owner of The Make Den Studios in Toronto, Ontario and The Woven Wolf online classes, Irene has found her calling in helping people realize their crafty dreams. “From making a first pencil case to developing a fashion portfolio, it feels good to know that I’m helping to make the world a craftier place.” Fun Fact: Irene is also a founding member of a really awesome arts collective/bicycle gang called The Deadly Nightshades – voted ‘Toronto’s Fashion Heros’ in 2008 and ‘Canada’s Most Fashionable Biker Gang’ in 2012. Learn more about Irene and her studios of all things cool and crafty at www.themakeden.com. See her series of online classes at www.thewovenwolf.com.
A Torontonian (and former Make Den student!), Christine is excited for you to come and play on the beaches of Northern Nicaragua which she now calls home. Christine will lead you through two ocean-view yoga classes daily. All classes are optional, of course – we are just as happy if you decide to read a book in a hammock, have a drink by the pool or go out for a surf!
Double Occupancy: USD $1495 (before Feb 1), USD $1595 (after Feb 1)
Private: USD $1995 (before Feb 1),USD $2095 (after Feb 1)
Beach House (with A/C)
Double Occupancy: USD $1595 (before Feb 1), USD $1695 (after Feb 1)
Private: USD $2095 (before Feb 1),USD $2195 (after Feb 1)
A $500 USD non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot. Full payment due April 1, 2017.
Register online here:
Get in touch and ask us anything! Email email@example.com