The Art of charcoal portrait drawing
- Lunablu Retreat Center in Puglia - Italy
- Poggiardo, Italy
- Oct 2, 2017 - Oct 7, 2017 (6 days)
- Package Prices start from € 1643,-
• Do you know the importance of the underlying structure of the face and head and how it effects what we draw?
• Do you know the basic proportions of the face and how you can apply different proportional drawing theories to your own work?
• Do you know how the face and head can be broken down into specific planes that make shading the form much easier?
• Do you want to draw super realistic eyes from both the frontal and profile views?
• Want to draw a realistic nose with just a few, easy-to-draw lines and strategic shading?
• Want to capture the illusion of realistic skin textures?
• Want to learn how to create the illusion of realistic hair?
• Do you know the layout secrets used by portrait artists and illustrators that ensure accuracy with every drawing?
• Are you convinced that you have to be “talented” in order to get professional results?
Let’s face it…portrait drawing can be intimidating to some. You sit down to draw a representational drawing of a person and something goes horribly wrong along the way. You’re not sure what happened, but you know that the drawing you just created just doesn’t quite look like the person. Fortunately, this doesn’t have to be case. In this retreat accurate and realistic portrait drawings. It really doesn’t require talent to create these amazing, lifelike portraits, more so it comes down to knowledge and practice. Craig´s experience and guidance gives you the knowledge required to create accurate portraits by exploring the “ins and outs” of each feature, the underlying structure of the face, how light effects the form of the face, strategies for locating facial proportions, and techniques used by artists and illustrators to ensure accuracy every time.
Join Craig for a week in south Italy, to work on your drawings with a live model. Surrounded by likeminded people, in the gorgeous setting of the lodge. We will be awaiting you!
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.