Inspiring The Teacher Transylvania Retreat
- Kranti Yoga
- Transylvania, Romania
- Jul 23, 2017 - Jul 29, 2017 (7 days)
- €800.00 - Rate Per Person in a Twin Share Room €1,270.00 - Rate Per Person in a Private Single Room
Inspiring the Teacher
Join the Kranti Yoga Team featuring Amelia, Grace and Morwenna for a residential yoga retreat in the heart of the Transylvanian mountains for a unique opportunity to delve deeper into the roots of your inspiration as a teacher. A mixture of interactive physical and theoretical practice sessions including Ayurveda, adjustments, the art of transitioning and storytelling. Each day offers a specific theme and focus providing you with the tools to implement both into your personal and professional practices with plenty of time to immerse yourself in the tranquil surroundings between classes. Yoga Alliance Certified Professional Development (YACPD) of 30 hours.
Day 1 / Inspiration and Adaptation
Day 2 / Ayurveda
Day 3 / Hands On
Day 4 / The Art of Mandala
Day 5 / Myth
Day 6 / Inversions
Location & Accommodation
Nestled in the breathtaking mountains of Transylvania, this retreat will be held at Akasha Retreat Center (www.akasharetreat.com) where you’ll have exclusive access to the below facilities to relax and unwind.
Accommodation: All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, quality linen & towels, organic toiletries, private seating area, hairdryer, cotton bath robe & slippers, daily housekeeping.
Food & Juices: Three delicious organic vegan meals daily + daily superfood smoothies.
The menu’s are nutritionally verified & designed by Doctors in Integrative Medicine, Dr Elena Toma ( London ) & Dr Ana Maria Stoica ( Bucharest ) and are created with the experience of on board qualified vegan chefs.
Breakfast and Lunch are served Buffet style and Dinner family style.
Access & Facilities:
– Indoor yoga shala
– Outdoor yoga platform (with mountain views)
– Meditation platform by the river at the bottom of the garden
– Three south facing terraces available to relax & unwind in the sunshine
– Sauna with mountain views.
– Salt water hot tub
– 15 Hammocks scattered around the garden, silent garden area for walking barefoot meditations.
– Access to over 4 acres of private land and forests to explore
While on retreat guests will have access to 20% discounted wellness treatments, including salt bath therapy and massages, provided by resident gifted therapists.
- 17:30 What inspires you? And who are you?! Getting to know yourselves and one another
Monday: Inspiration and adaptation
- 07:00 A deliciously invigorating Vinyasa flow with a focus on what moves you. You will be setting personal intentions and sankalpahs for the week ahead.
- Day time activity: field trip to Dracula’s Castle!
- 16:30 Slow Restorative flow
- 07:00 This physical class will focus on the elements and doshas, starting with air and finishing with grounding earth.
- 11:00 Either an introduction or refreshment in Ayurvedic Principles, five elements, three doshas, and three essences (for those taking the continuing education course*) or optional alignment class for those on holiday.
- 16:00 Elemental Yin
- 07:00 A weighty hip opening flow concentrating on full breath and release. Assistants will invite you to go further in your posture through adjustment, alignment, and breath.
- 11:00 Either adjustment techniques and guidance. This class will cover how to give good adjustments and when is it appropriate to give them (for those taking the continuing education course*) or optional alignment class for those on holiday.
- 16:30 Partner relaxation, building your sense of connection that will also inform your skills as an adjuster.
Thursday: The art of Mandala
- 07:00 Exploring the full narrative and expression of Mandala Vinyasa flow.
- 11:00 Either a behind the scenes class on flowing Vinyasa practice, inspired by the art of the Mandala (for those taking the continuing education course*) or optional alignment class for those on holiday.
- 16:30 A fusion of yoga and Tai Chi movements to whip up sweat and spirit in equal measure
Friday: Myth and storytelling
- 07:00 The class’ intention will be drawn from classic Vedic mythology.
- 11:00 This class will give you a brief background on the colorful stories of Hindu culture and their relationship with yoga practice.
- Afternoon activity: an expedition to the sphinx, a natural rock formation in the Bucegi Natural Park. The legends about the rocks on this mountain plateau transformed this rock into a very visited touristic attraction. Legends of ancient aliens, mystical energies, and long lost gods!
Saturday: Inversions and closing
- 07:00 Upside Down, Vinyasa! A Vinyasa class that is geared towards the preparation and performance of balancing on the hands. Setting an intention of fearlessness in flight.
- 11:00 Closing ceremony and sharing.
(*)30-hour Yoga Alliance CPD
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.