Freedom from Pain: Movement, Yoga, Meditation, Nutrition
- Ananda Center Laurelwood
- Aug 25, 2017 - Aug 27, 2017 (3 days)
- Contentment - 2 bedroom apt. w/ living & dining room, kitchen and bath - $635.00 Men's Private Room - $425.00 Men's Shared Room - $375.00 Pet-Friendly Room - Private - $475.00 Pet-Friendly Room - Shared - $425.00 Program…
Experience an energy and healing retreat with guided visualizations and meditations, energization exercises and yoga to recharge the body, explore nutritional principles and experience the joy of community while surrounded in the beauty and peace of our rural retreat center west of Portland, Oregon.
What is TRUE HEALTH?
Health does not mean mere existence. Keeping out of the hospital is not health. To be able to resist disease, to bear strain, to stimulate mental vitality, and to feel the body as a luxury—as a bird feels when shooting through the air, and as a child does always—is health. Paramhansa Yogananda
Retreat Weekend includes:
- Introduction to the Yogoda Exercises: an adjunct set of movements that complement and expand the Energization Exercises as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Learn deep Relaxation Techniques to help increase healing energy flow to a specific body part.
- Identify your dominant internal bias and meditations for that bias
- Explore your birth name’s numerology and how it relates to your bias as described in Scientific Healing Affirmations
- Yogananda’s Body balancing drinks and juice combinations and why they work.*
Paramhansa Yogananda discovered in 1920 that the body can be recharged like a battery. Western doctors, such as Dr. Jerry Tennant, who wrote Healing is Voltage, corroborate and expand on this with research delineating specific muscles powering specific organs. Emotions are also associated with organ/muscle sets and this will be touched on in class briefly.
Guided Relaxations/Visualization/meditations for healing 30 minutes at end of each class.
*Note: if you would like Yogananda’s Vitality Beverage served with each meal it is a $75 option. Six – 8 oz servings. Because it is hand made with fresh veggies, it is an extra.
Required Book for this class:
How to Achieve Glowing Health and Vitality by Paramhansa Yogananda. You can find it in our Boutique at Ananda Laurelwood or order it online from Amazon.
- Metaphysical Meditations
- Scientific Healing Affirmations
- Affirmations for Self Healing
- Art and Science of Rajayoga
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.