Introduction to Shamanism – A Residential Spiritual Retreat
- Elohee - retreat. renew. remember.
- 1478 Bean Creek Road Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571
- Oct 20, 2017 - Oct 22, 2017 (3 days)
Curious about shamanistic practices?
If you are on a spiritual path, you have probably heard this word, shamanism, before. It is the most frequently used term in spiritual and religious circles today. But what is it, exactly?
The English language has no comparable word for the healing practices and effects of shamanism. Western culture has brainwashed many of us into believing that logic and rational thought are the best ways to approach life’s everyday challenges.
But, if you have scrolled down to this point, I imagine that you are someone who has always known or have been drawn to possibilities that there are other, and sometimes better, ways to cope with life.
This workshop shows you how to:
Experience safe, non-toxic, diverse, creative ways to perceive reality.
Expand your consciousness, and
Generously nourish your relationship with life’s spiritual center.
In Elohee Retreat Center’s beautiful Thanksgiving House, you will be in a small, safe, intimate group setting (maximum 15 people), surrounded by 225 forested acres and within earshot of a 100 ft. waterfall.
The word, shamanism, is an Anglicized version of a Tuvan word from Central Asia. It has various meanings.
Basically, the term refers to someone who knows how to call ancient ways of healing that are practiced in many of the world’s oldest cultures.
In Central Asia, samaan means, ‘One who sees’ or ‘One who knows the way.’ Archaeological evidence shows that ‘shamanic’ practices have survived for at least 18,000 years in that part of the world. This is not a New Age fad.
There is also abundant evidence in the art and artifacts of prehistoric Crete (7,800-450 BCE) that shamanistic practices were part of the first European culture.
In other parts of the world today where ‘shamanism’ is still active, women and men spiritual healers are still performing healing rituals that include the healer’s and the client’s being connected with spiritual power.
Wherever and however shamanism is practiced, its purpose is always the same: to restore spiritual, psychological, physical and social wellness to individuals, families, and communities.
Shamanism is also grounded in relationships with nature, the five elements, youe Ancestors and the cycles of life, death and rebirth.
Learning basic shamanic practices allows almost anyone to experience reliable, empowering and enriching life changes. When performed correctly, one of shamanism’s most remarkable characteristics is that its healing effects are typically long-lasting.
A few of the Effects of Shamanistic Experiences…
- They are cumulative, become stronger over time.
- Strengthen your personal connections with sources of spiritual guidance.
- Are likely to increase your understanding of your specific situation and life purpose.
- Remove obstacle, opens the way for your more authentic, creative self.
- Are personally empowering.
Overall, the ancient wisdom and basic shamanistic practices presented in this workshop (including journeying, rituals, sacred poses from prehistoric Crete, and more) show you how to embody your visionary experiences in your most meaningful relationships—with human beings, your intuitive self, nature, the elements and your Ancestors.
This workshop is for you, if you are dealing with one or more of the following:
- Loss of personal power and/or dysfunction in one or more areas of your life.
- Physical and/or mental illness, malaise.
- String of ‘bad luck,’ such as injuries, illness, relationship issues or financial problems.
- Profound sense of loneliness, emptiness, lack of meaning, hopelessness.
- Doubt whether or not you are living your true purpose.
- Unresolved grief, trauma, fear, confusion, or anger.
During this workshop, you will be given the opportunity to learn how to:
- Create a safe, respectful, healing atmosphere.
- Call the spirits of the land and the sacred directions of north, west, south and east.
- Honor your Ancestors and learn their role in shamanism.
- Experience guided journeys to the spiritual realms of the Lower, Middle and Upper Worlds (and how to return to ordinary reality).
- Embody, integrate and engage your spiritual experiences and insights.
- Translate your unique visionary guidance into empowering actions you may take in your everyday life going forward.
This workshop typically sells out early.
Option 1: $455, Includes: Workshop tuition. Double-occupancy with shared bath in Thanksgiving House. Two lunches and two dinners. We invite you to bring your favorite breakfasts to prepare in the full kitchen. Tea and coffee station always available.
Option 2: Private room if available: The Tree House Room (2nd floor. Queen bed, private bathroom with tub and shower. Add $200 to retreat price.)
OR, The Queen’s Bedroom (with shared bath on the third floor: Add $135 to retreat price.)
Option 3: $300, Commuter or Camper: Includes workshop tuition, two lunches, two dinners, campsite next to the waterfall. Access to indoor kitchen and hot shower. Tea and coffee station. Not included in camping option: Camping equipment or breakfast. We invite you to bring a simple breakfast for yourself. Ask for further details.
Please contact us before registering, to make sure we have room for you. Phone: 706-746-5485. This is a popular workshop and typically fills quickly.
Choose your option and send the full amount now to reserve your place. Or, send half the registration fee now as a deposit, and send the balance due before August 20, 2017.
To pay using PayPal, go to www.paypal.com
To complete your PayPal transaction, use the following email address: email@example.com.
To pay by postal mail (check or money order), mail payment (payable to Robinette Kennedy) to: P.O Drawer W., Mountain City, Georgia. 30562.
Still have questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone: (706) 746 5485, ext. 1.