100-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Plus
- Kranti Yoga
- Nov 21, 2017 - Dec 16, 2017 (26 days)
- Beachfront Bijou - €2,700.00 Beachfront Cottage - €2,700.00 Garden 4 - Share - €1,475.00 Garden Twin Share Cottage - €1,950.00 Non Residential (Includes meals and refreshments) - €1,325.00 Ocean Single Cottage -…
We are delighted to announce a new course at Kranti Yoga: 100 hours Yoga Teaching Training Plus. This course follows on from our 200hr YTTC and has been designed for 2 reasons. Firstly, it is aimed at those of you who want to further your teaching skills in the field of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. It is a very practical course that takes a ‘hands on’ approach as you become a part of shala life. This course is an ideal ‘stepping stone‘ for those of you who would like to complete a 300hr YTTC but need to gain some further yoga teaching experience first. Secondly, it is ideal for those of you who simply want to remain with or return to us in the shala for a further 2 to 4 weeks to deepen your Ashtanga practice with the support of our experienced team. You will follow a tailor made plan that will have been devised to suit your personal objectives whether they be to develop your teaching skill, further your Ashtanga Yoga teaching skills or a combination of both.
- develop your skills to teach Ashtanga Vinyasa Based Flow Classes
- deepen your own personal physical and spiritual practice through asanas, pranayama, meditation and kriyas
- support students throughout their course and in preparing their teaching assessment sequences
- learn how to teach in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Pranayama Classes
In order to participate on this course you must have already completed a 200hr or 300hr YTTC at Kranti Yoga. (We will not accept students with YTTC certificates from other schools.) The course is ideal if you:
- have not yet had the opportunity to teach and would like to gain experience with the support of the shala
- are keen to develop as an Ashtanga Vinyasa Teacher in terms of aligning and adjusting a Mysore Style class
- are keen to lengthen your stay with us after your 200/300/500 hr YTTC in order to gain immediate teaching experience
- would like to spend a month with us with the sole intention of deepening your practice
This course is usually non-residential and it is recommended that you stay in nearby accommodation that you will already be familiar with due to your previous stay in Patnem. However, it may be possible to stay in the shala but this will be subject to availability nearer the time.
Your schedule will be drafted in collaboration with your assigned mentor. Depending on your focus for the course, your schedule could include the following:
You will do your own Ashtanga Vinyasa Self-Practice or join the 200hr YTTC group for morning practice to build on what you have already developed. You will be given weekly guidance on how to deepen your practice of asanas, pranayama and kriyas from your mentor, if this is your chosen subject of concentration.
Teaching Assistant in Anatomy of the Alignment of Asanas Classes
This is the ideal opportunity for you to refresh and test your knowledge in this area. You will attend the class or if appropriate assist the Lead Teacher in this class in terms of helping students with the individual postures: alignment, modifications, anatomy and Sanskrit. This will help you build a trusting rapport with the students who you will then support in practice.
You will be scheduled to teach your own classes to a mixture of abilities. Having already prepared a class for your 200hr YTTC, you will get practice in teaching it and also devising more sequences. Each week, your class will be observed and feedback will be given constructively on how to improve. You will also be able to share sequences and intentions with other students as well as our teachers in order to get further inspiration. In supporting the 200hr YTTC in preparing sequences, this is also hugely beneficial in getting ideas in this area. Learning is sharing.
Each week you will have the opportunity for one to one sessions with your mentor who will give you feedback on your chosen subject of consideration. This will give you a chance to tailor your schedule to your needs, gain valuable feedback on your personal practice or your teaching practice. Depending on your hours you will be able to meet with your mentor on a one to one basis approximately twice per week.
7 – 10.00am Ashtanga Yoga and Pranayama (practice) OR
Ashtanga Led/Slow Flow (teach)
10.00 am Breakfast
11 – 1.00pm Anatomy of the Alignment of Asanas (assist)
4.30 – 6pm Drop In Class (teach) / Mentoring meeting
*This schedule can be changed in accordance with the season/group/student