Autumn Photography Course & Yoga Retreat 3 or 5 nights
- Akasha Wellness Retreat
- Sep 29, 2017 - Oct 4, 2017 (6 days)
- Double Room - Private - €920.00 Queen Room - Private - €955.00 Twin Room - Sharing - €643.00
Capture the essence of Transylvania
Pestera, our quiet little village is every photographer’s paradise, so we’ve invited talented artist & award winning photographer Sebastian Ionut Vasiu who has photographed Romania for National Geographic Magazine amongst many others to teach us how he does it and how to capture the essence of the abundant nature all around us. A course for amateur photographers & nature lovers alike Sep 29 – Oct 4 at Akasha Wellness Retreat.
Sebastian will be taking you on a journey to his favourite spots near Akasha for nature photography, we’ll add our yoga and some delicious meals plus some relaxing massages for the ultimate retreat.
When you think of Romania you think of all the amazing & beautiful photos that people share when they come back from their trips here. These photos capture the soul & heart beat of Romania, and now you can learn how to take photos just like these!
3 nights ( Fri 29 Sep – Mon 02 Oct) from €379 Twin sharing for 1 person – Contact us for rates
5 nights full retreat ( Fri 29 Sep – 04 Oct) from €514.40 Twin sharing for 1 person Register Online 20% OFF Last Minute Offer
Photography Course Outline
PART ONE: Theoretical Course – general information about photography with case studies, examples and tips&tricks
Chapter #1: Technical
- Main tehnical specifications & details about photo cameras (sensor, mirror, viewfinder etc)
- Main technical settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc)
- Exemples of different settings according to different situations
Chapter #2: Visual
- Short history of the most studied proportion rules or ratios over the time, with the highest impact in the development of visual arts in the last centuries from antiquity until present (ex. golden ration/section, Fibonacci sequence numbers etc)
- Major composition rules in photography (ex. the rule of thirds, framing etc)
- Exemples of different composition styles
Chapter #3: Artistic
- Main elements for maximum results as regards the impact of the photograph and its artistic value (ex. mood, smoke, fog, story, inspiration etc)
- Exemples for above different techniques
PART TWO: Outdoor practice
- Technical assistance
- Guiding to the best photography spots in the area
PART THREE: Post-processing
- Live syncron demo with all participants (Laptop with Photoshop/Lightroom required)
- Presentation of my most effective worksflow, applied on a concrete case study
- Permanent guidance and assistance for the complete duration
Here are some of Sebastian’s award winning photographs:
- 4 x Guided Nature Photography Tours 2hrs each
- Photography Technical Course – How to take the perfect photo
- Photography processing seminar – How to perfect your photos
- Yoga & meditation sessions all classes suitable for beginners, Hatha, Ashtanga & Yin Yoga by two different teachers
- Guided Hike on Piatra Craiului National Park with packed Lunch
- Introduction to yoga philosophy and health coaching
- Enjoy hiking, nature & forest walks
- Chakra Balancing Nutrition: 3 Daily healthy vegan & vegetarian meals all organic and local produce as well as all drinks & teas on retreat
- 5 nights accommodation in boutique rooms with en-suite bathrooms and glorious mountain views
- Daily Chakra Balancing Superfood Juice & Smoothies
- Group activities, cinema & library, creative arts & crafts
- Unlimited Jacuzzi Hot Tub & Sauna
- Optional Spa Massage Therapy & Salt Herbal Bath Soak Rituals
- Pick up & Drop Off to & from Brasov City
- Integrative Medicine & Nutrition support from Resident Medical Doctors.
Beginner & Intermediate
Good to know
- All ages are welcome as participants.
- Accommodation is in individual bedrooms on a single or double occupancy ( friends or a couple sharing a large queen bed)
- We provide all Yoga Mats & Props just bring an open mind.
- Weather in the mountains can be unpredictable if you plan to go walking in nature please bring warm clothing & waterproof shoes.
- Morning Practice consists of 90 minutes of yoga asana & pranayama and 30 minutes sitting meditation or chanting. Morning practice is followed by a daily chakra balancing juice before breakfast.
Evening Practice consists of 60 minutes of yoga and pranayama and 30 minutes sitting meditation.
- Optional Evening Group Activities include Movie Nights, Group Games, Hang Out Nights, Live Musicians both Local Folk & Kirtan Chanting Nights.
- During Free Time & Spa Therapies you are free to spend your time as you want to, Massage Therapies and Salt Baths are booked & paid for separately please see our Spa Menu.
- Optional Yoga & Meditation Workshops. Daily we have a workshop dedicated to improving practice which is booked & paid for separately for those that want to further their practice or maybe set a personal practice flow this may include Yoga Alignment Workshop, Acroyoga, Kundalini or Thai Massage Workshop.
- We practice a Digital Detox Retreat, this is to allow your mind to disconnect from the overload of digital communications and listen more deeply to life, connect with others on the retreat and live in the present moment. We provide a Guest access computer for use during the retreat. On Departure Day we will gladly provide Wifi access to get in touch with your friends & family or to share your photos on social media.
- Every morning until breakfast time and one full morning until noon we practice a silent retreat, this is a powerful tool to connect with yourself, pick a good book and explore the true benefits of being on R/E.TREAT. This is YOUR time.
- Optional Activities whilst at AKASHA R/E.TREAT are:
- DIY Corner: Make your own Mandala Paintings, Dreamcatcher, Art. We encourage you to be creative during R/E.TREAT and maybe explore skills you never knew you had.
- Skiing in the winter we can assist with transport to the nearest skiing slope 30min away.
- Horse Riding with local trained horses
- Hiking in the mountains and local valleys
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Medical Screening with the Resident Medical Advisor.