BALI 200HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: AKASHA ELLIS-MAY
This May Join Akasha in Bali for our 200 hour Teacher Training Immersion
Akasha Ellis and his teacher training team are offering an opportunity of a lifetime to fully immerse in a 200 hr YTT in Bali in May 2017 at Ubud’s top retreat centre, Soulshine. This 24-day program is specifically designed to provide each student a experience that will set the foundation for becoming your own teacher and the knowledge to share and elevate others through this wisdom.
Whether you are interested in deepening your own practice or you feel the call to teach, our program is committed to your personal success.
A rich environment will be created for learning and living the eight-limb path through experiencing asana, meditation and pranayama while being supported and nurtured in the beautiful surroundings of Ubud, the spiritual heart of Bali. Our training will draw on Kundalini, Ashtanga and Somatic Yoga.
Each student will dive deep into asana and meditation and the practice of yoga in their daily life.
This is an incredible opportunity for us to truly immerse ourselves into a daily Yoga practice. To open our hearts and allow our love, courage and radiance to support and guide us.
Birmingham Yoga Teacher Training program is a Registered School with Yoga Alliance.
Goal of Training:
Learn a personal asana, pranayama and meditation practice and have the confidence to teach a beginners led yoga class Kundalini, Ashtanga and Somatics.
Our program prepares each student to instruct Beginner Level 1 and Level 2 classes.
In our training we will create a safe and sacred space to learn, grow and experience these wonderful teachings so that we may become more aware of our true potential to serve ourselves and those around us.
Our intention is to share and support one another in a daily practice and return home to our loved ones inspired, happy and radiant with the strength and projection to uplift those around us.
This training will offer you experiences that will serve you throughout your life.
As my teacher, Yogi Bhajan used to say “I am here to create teachers not accumulate students”.
He was very clear that we should practice our daily sadhana and find the divine teacher within.
Once we can trust and have the faith within we will find our inner peace and vibrate out to our surroundings bringing joy to our lives and supporting this vibration in others.
May we see, hear and feel our love in all.
It is important that you are sincere in your commitment and that you are healthy physically, mentally and emotionally.
Yoga can be practiced by all and we do not want to discourage anyone who has the right intention however the training will be challenging physically and mentally and it is important that you are able to allow these changes to unfold.
During this journey one may experience feelings of comfort, discomfort, happiness, sadness, joy and fear all of which are equally important in our growth.
We do recommend a minimum of 1 year of Yoga Practice before attending our Teacher Training Program.
- Accommodation at Soulshine
- Food – 3 Amazing Veggie meals a day
- Training Manual
- Use of yoga props blocks, blankets and straps
What’s not included:
- Airfare transportation to and from Soulshine
- Retreat Amenities (i.e. massage, guided tours, rentals etc)
- Books on required reading list and writing supplies
- Travel Arrangements: Participants are responsible for reserving and purchasing their own roundtrip transportation to Bali Airport and taxi to Soulshine. We recommend that you book your flights as soon as possible. It could be difficult to reserve tickets if you wait too long.
Sample Daily Itinerary (full schedule will be handed out upon arrival):
5:00am – 7:30am Kundalini Sadhana (Yoga, Japji, Meditation, Pranayama and Chanting)
7:30-8:00am Smoothie light breakfast
8:30am – 10:30am Ashtanga Mysore Self Guided Practice
10:30am – 12:30pm Lunch and break
12:30-2:30 Training Session
3:00-5:30pm pm Training Session and Discussion
6:30pm – 7:30pm Dinner
7:30-8:30pm Meditation and Optional Classes
In addition each day there will be assigned reading and homework.
We have 3 options for accommodation and 3 Veggie Meals at Soulshine based on availability.
- Quad Room: $1600 (limited to 4 spaces only)
- Double: $1950
- Single $4900 Limited number of single rooms avl.
Early Bird Oct 1st 2017 – $3000
October 2nd , 2017 – Jan 1st , 2018 – $3300
After Jan 1st , 2018 – $3500
$500 Deposit Non-refundable upon registration included in price listed above
For more details, please email email@example.com
- Learn a personal asana, pranayama and meditation practice and have the confidence to teach a beginners led yoga class Kundalini, Ashtanga and Somatics
- Yoga history, styles, & evolution
- Yoga Sutra’s and philosphy
- Learn Sanskrit names of asana
- Pranayama & the use of breath
- Yogic Diet/Ayurveda
- Chakras and bandhas
- Meditation – developing deeper levels of awareness
- Kundalin yoga Kriyas and chants in the tradition of Kundalini yoga
- Asana Emphasis will be given to the Asthanga Primary Series as taught by Sri Pattabhi Jois both Led and Mysore style
- Yin and Restorative
- Gentle Somatic Yoga ( in the tradition of Thomas Hanna).
- Basic yogic anatomy & physiology
- Learning Alignment & how to avoid injuries for your body
- Verbal & physical adjustments
- How to safely correct others performing asana
- Ethics The business of yoga
Required Books for Yoga Teacher Program:
Available through amazon as a download too.
Heart of Yoga by Desikachar
Kundalini Sadhana Manual 2nd edition–by Gurucharan Singh
Bhagavadgita by Stephen Mitchell
When Things Fall Apart Pema Chodron
The Light on Yoga BKS Iyengar
Ayurveda the Science of Self-Healing Vasant Lad
Ashtanga The Primary Series by David Swenson
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
The Yoga Mala by Sri Pattbhi Jois
Tree of Yoga BKS Iyengar
Yoga Anatomy Leslie Karninoff
Moving into Stillness Eric Schiffman
Travel Arrangements: Participants are responsible for reserving and purchasing their own roundtrip transportation to Bali Airport and taxi to Soulshine. We recommend that you book your flights as soon as possible. It could be difficult to reserve tickets if you wait too long.