Guided Silent Retreat
- Ananda Center Laurelwood
- Nov 30, 2017 - Dec 3, 2017 (4 days)
- Contentment - 2 bedroom apt. w/ living & dining room, kitchen and bath - $885.00 Deluxe Room - Queen bed w/ private bath (no shower) - $660.00 Men's Private Room - $570.00 Men's Shared Room - $495.00 Pet-Friendly Room -…
Reclaim your birthright to a calm, expansive and joyful mind!
Silence is recognized by many of the world’s spiritual traditions as a powerful antidote to the constant demands our environment places on us and the reactive mental processes that produce anxiety, unhappiness and suffering.
This weekend retreat is an accessible, fully supported experience that will strengthen your meditation practice and help you connect to your quiet center in the midst of life’s hectic dance.
The Guided Silent Retreat is suitable for both beginning and experienced meditators. It is based on universal spiritual principals and honors the many diverse traditions that practice meditation as a path to inner peace.
Elements of the Guided Silent Retreat include:
- Learning a simple but profound technique of meditation
- Group meditations to support your individual practice
- Gentle yoga to relax and release tension
- Qigong (chi kung) to stimulate and balance your life energy
- Personal time for reading, contemplation and journaling
- Practicing mindfulness in action – eating, walking, self-care
- Nourishing vegetarian meals
- Optional massage and spiritual counseling available by appointment
Serenity and expansive beauty will greet you when you arrive at Ananda Center at Laurelwood. Our campus is situated on 225 acres of scenic rural land, just a short drive from downtown Portland, OR.
Enjoy our simple but comfortable guest rooms, delicious vegetarian food, walking trails, gardens and the gentle, joyful flow of life and service in an intentional spiritual community.
You will sense a palpable energy in your surroundings that facilitates a deep experience of inner peace.
If you would like a longer stay, there’s a place on the registration form to either stay extra nights or come early for an individual retreat.
Room check-in (3:30 -6:00 pm)
Ananda Yoga (begins at 4:30 pm)
Evening meal together
Initial Gathering with guided meditation
Days 2 & 3
Walking meditation morning and afternoon
Group meditation morning, afternoon and evening
Meals in silence
Ananda Yoga & Qigong
Morning group meditation
Breakfast in silence
Group sharing & integration process
Lunch and departure