Project: Chalkboard Lettering Dec 9th 3:00pm
Learn the fun art of to how to transfer words, phrases, and illustrations onto a chalkboard. Practice image transfer, chalk techniques, and cleaning up the board. The size of the board is up to you. We will practice in class with plain chalk to get used to writing and lettering on boards. Roxanne will demonstrate a variety of chalk markers and pens. Bring a chalkboard to decorate to use during the holidays!
NOTE: This class is a GREAT extension of skills learning in Lettering Basics or Faux Calligraphy + Flourishes
Dec 9th 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Roxanne will provide white and colored chalk, a chalk pencil, erasers, q-tips, and instructional handouts. Roxanne will also have chalk markers for you to experiment with.
Supplies you need to bring: use your Hobby Lobby and Michael’s coupons…watch for their weekly specials also!
- Project Chalkboard(s) about $10 (The size is up to you…not less than 8×10. Walmart, Michael’s and Hobby Lobby have several choices available.You can bring a couple different ones if you want to try out different finishes.)
- Print out a quote or something that you want to place on your chalkboard. (Make sure it is the correct size and will fit on your board. Typorama, WordSwag and Fontmania are great apps for this!)
- Small two hole pencil sharpener with a cover on it, about $2. We will be sharpening our chalk a LOT!
- A white bullet tip chalk marker about $3-5.
- Optional: If you know you love color, grab a set of chalk markers about $10-15. 🙂 (NOTE: These are OPTIONAL. Roxanne will have some for you to try out.)
I am sooooo excited about this class. It is so fun.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.