Master Class in Writing Nonfiction for Children & Young Adults 2018
- Highlights Foundation
- Jul 15, 2018 - Jul 19, 2018 (5 days)
- $1,450.00 - Program Price
Work with our talented group of mentors to explore factual writing!
Publishers crave it.
Teachers and librarians need it.
Nonfiction connects our children to the world. Stories about real people, real places, and really interesting world events are more important now than ever.
Our master class explores nonfiction from many angles: the editorial, the business, and, most importantly, the art of telling true stories. Work with our talented group of mentors to explore factual writing through a range of topics, including nonfiction voice, biography, memoir, nature writing, science writing, and narrative nonfiction. Your mentor will help guide you in your revisions or explore story ideas during daily one-on-one sessions.
Additional opportunities include:
- connecting with acquiring editors;
- developing necessary research and interview skills;
- exploring today’s magazine and trade-book markets; and
- investigating visual design through illustration and photography.
Please note: we are still confirming faculty for this workshop!