The Life Journey: Aging with Dignity
- Benedictine Center
- St. Paul's Monastery 2675 Benet Road St. Paul, MN 55109
- Sep 5, 2017 - Dec 5, 2017 (92 days)
- $80.00 - Program Price
As one t-shirt puts it, “Aging is not for sissies.” That is because aging, like all parts of life, involves change and challenge. Some joke about aging, some blame it for many things, but there are other ways to understand the journey we all take. This series will focus upon aging as a gift of God, especially as it moves through “Retirement 1 and Retirement 2.” Specific topics will flow from the interests of the group.
Schedule: Four Tuesdays beginning Sept. 5, 7-9p (plus Oct. 3, Nov. 7, Dec. 5)
Cost: $80 for series of four evenings
In general, the presentations, reflections, contemplative prayer and conversations will be guided by questions like these:
- Who am I as my roles change?
- Why am I here?
- Where am I going in my remaining years?
- What do I need to be safe?
- Where is God in the aging process?