Medicine Tantra Couples Retreat
- Paya Bay Resort
- Pay Bay Resort, Roatan, Caribbean Bay Islands, Honduras
- May 18, 2018 - May 20, 2018 (3 days)
- $1400 per couple. $750 per couple - Camping
A Weekend Spiritual Intimacy Retreat for Couples
Deepen, heal, transform and (re)ignite your love.
Paya Bay Resort, Roatán, Bay Islands, Honduras, 18 -20 May 2018
Relationships can be the greatest challenge on our spiritual path: to remain centered and grounded in your own truth while engaging in the dance of life with another.
Our relationships also offer us a shelter in the storm, a safe place to explore trust, communication and a sharing of our deepest self. Your relationship is at the same time a mirror for all your projections, fears and dreams, and a crucible of transformation and healing. It offers an opportunity for the healing of your childhood emotional traumas, and a deep spiritual and karmic friendship in the ancient tradition of the ashram, spiritual community and companionship. With the right partner we can keep each other on the path, walking each other home.
Our program includes:
- Morning meditation and yoga practice to center yourself in your own truth and balance and harmonize your personal energy.
- A short introduction to the Vajrayana and the Buddhist Tantric tradition.
- Partner Yoga for deepening our stretches and entering into a non-verbal dialogue to harmonize and align with each other energetically.
- Tantric meditations and exercises including eye gazing and chakra toning, aligning and merging practices, including a tantric ceremony with a cacao-based libido enhancing elixir and “The Beginning of the Embrace“ - remembering and recreating that moment when your lips first touched.
- A workshop in interchangeable Yin/Yang dynamics with movement and dance.
- Exploring healthy consent and boundaries for physical interaction and intimacy.
- Tantric healing touch and pressure point massage techniques to release mental and emotional energy blockages.
- Tibetan Pulsing (Hara or womb pulsing). Helps release deeply held emotional blockages in the abdomen.
Paya Bay Resort, winner of four and a half stars and the Travelers Choice Award on Tripadvisor, is a family run and owned private resort hotel on the East End of the island of Roatán away from the more developed West End. It has idyllic private and picturesque clothing optional beaches.
Roatán Island forms part of the Bay Islands off the Caribbean coast of Honduras. There are direct flights from the US to the island. Roatán is a popular destination for tourists and is especially known for many diving schools. The island does not share the security problems of the mainland. Retreatants will be picked up at the airport or ferry port by shuttle.
Investment: US$1400 per couple
(same sex couples welcome)
Retreat fees are all inclusive:
- Air-conditioned room and board with vegan, vegetarian or meat and fish dishes.
- All course fees
- Transfers from the airport
Camping option: $750. Bring your own tent. Includes showers, restrooms, wifi and all your meals.
Non residential fee: US$650 per couple
(includes 3 course lunch on Saturday & Sunday)
Hosted and facilitated by Hendrik van der Merwe and assisted by Ivett Giron. Ivett is a psychologist, tantric practitioner and native Honduran.
Hendrik (Zendrik) van der Merwe has over 30 years experience as a bodywork therapist, energy healer and yogi. He started his formal training in Buddhist philosophy and meditation and hatha yoga at the age of 21 and attended his first course in Tibetan massage, “Taming The Tiger”, at the age of 22. He continued his studies and practice in esoteric healing, applied kinesiology, Thai Massage, Chi Nei Tsang and Reiki over the following decades. He trained with two Zen Masters and received transmissions from Namkai Norbu, a Tibetan Lama of the Dzogchen school.
Trained as a Sivananda Yoga teacher he has been teaching yoga for 16 years.
Zendrik has always had in interest in sacred sexuality and Tantra. He received his formative training while in a two-year relationship with a tantrika yogini from Nepal. Renowned international Tantra teacher Shakti Malan was a close personal friend and fellow practitioner. Sexual healing forms part of his bodywork and esoteric healing practice. He trained in Karsai Nei Tsang, a therapeutic genital massage technique that forms part of Taoist Healing practices.
Zendrik has been teaching Tantra Workshops for Couples for 7 years. He approaches Tantra, sexuality and relationships from the point of view of a healer. Medicine Tantra is about removing the veils that obscure our true nature, and releasing the energetic blockages in our physical, emotional and mental bodies. Working with a partner is about recognizing your projections and making conscious your shadow and hidden dramas and merging with the all through union with your partner.
Zendrik is the founder of the Ananda Healing Center in San Marcos La Laguna, Lake Atitlan in Guatemala where he teaches Tantra Healing seminars and courses in Thai Massage, Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage), Reiki and Esoteric Healing. He is also a professional musician, sound healer, DJ and sculptor. He coaches chess to Mayan kids at the local school in Guatemala.