Mindful Healing: Turning Pain into an Opportunity for Transformation
- Copper Beech Institute
- 303 Tunxis Rd., West Hartford, CT 06107
- Nov 10, 2017 - Nov 10, 2017 ()
- $125.00 - Tuition (includes lunch)
IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
This retreat will explore how the teachings of the Buddha, mindfulness meditation and compassion practice can be integrated and applied in the process of healing. How we relate to our pain and our symptoms is as important as what we do to treat them. As we shift our perspective on pain and illness and “see with new eyes,” we will sit with the following questions:
- What is healing?
- How can we welcome and open to our pain and illness?
- How do we cultivate the healing quality of unconditional presence?
- How can we be with our health challenges in a way that is wise, compassionate and healing?
- Where do the healing and spiritual journeys meet and how can they enhance and support one another?
You need not have pain or an illness to benefit from this retreat; you merely need to be human! There is no cure for the human condition, but there is the chance—and the choice—to embark on a healing journey that awakens and transforms us along the way.