Mindfulness Wisdom from the Sea
- Copper Beech Institute
- 167 Neck Rd, Madison, CT 06443
- Nov 4, 2017 - Nov 4, 2017 ()
- $125.00 - Tuition (includes lunch)
IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
The ocean has been a source of inspiration for ages. In this day of mindfulness practice on the shore, we’ll draw lessons from the sea that can help us deepen awareness in our daily lives.
Mindfulness is a practice of waking up to our deepest selves. In mindfulness practice, we can cultivate equanimity and compassion as we seek to live authentic and joyful lives. In this day retreat, we’ll explore the challenge and opportunity of living a mindful and peaceful life in a noisy and turbulent world. Drawing on several contemplative traditions, we’ll contemplate the following questions:
- How can mindfulness practices help me to cultivate peace on a daily basis?
- How can I maintain equanimity amid stress and strong emotions?
- How can I cultivate calm and consciousness amid challenging relationships?
- What is the connection between inner peace and peace in our world?
The day will include laughter, storytelling, lecture, mindfulness practice, small group conversation, free time and the sounds of the classical guitar and the Native American flute. Bring a journal and warm clothes for seaside practice.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.