Mindful Parenting I: Awakening Through the Journey of Parenthood
- Copper Beech Institute
- 303 Tunxis Rd., West Hartford, CT 06107
- Oct 16, 2017 - Nov 6, 2017 (22 days)
- $190.00 - Tuition for Part I $340.00 - Tuition for Part I and II
This four-week introductory course explores the practice of mindfulness with a particular focus on parenting. It is the first in a two-part series on mindful parenting and appropriate for any caregiver of any age child.
The intention of this series is to help parents develop a strong understanding of mindfulness, the importance of living with intention, the role of perception and how to apply the attitudinal foundations of mindfulness to parenting. We will:
- Discover how the parental relationship is fertile ground for present moment awareness and personal growth
- Build an awareness of personal triggers and how to respond to our children instead of react
- Uncover common unconscious, false beliefs and hidden agendas that are not serving our highest intention
- Discover how to build authentic connections with our children while providing containment and boundaries when appropriate.
Recommended Reading: “The Conscious Parent” by Dr. Shefali Tsabary. While we recommend taking Mindful Parenting I and II in order, participants with a developed mindfulness practice are welcome to take the classes out of sequence if necessary for scheduling reasons.
Tuition is $190 for each class or $340 for both ($40 discount).