9 Days Inner Goddess Journey - Rishikesh, India - December 2017
Reconnect to you inner wisdom and Divine nature. Rediscover your natural state of joy and peace. Deepen your yoga practice both on and off the mat. Awaken your inner knowing. Relax and nourish the deepest part of who you are as a manifestation of Divine nature in the human body. We will practice yin and restorative yoga, delve into different types of meditation. Rebalance with yoga nidra. We will explore the holy town of Rishikesh- the world capital of yoga-. Visit sacred caves and temples, meet sadhus and gurus, attend indian puja and aarti, create our own yagna (fire ceremony). Breathe together the holy energy of Ma Ganga while been nourished by organic, vegetarian, yogic meals. We will journal our experiences and have open discussions of anything that has to do with life as a Goddess on planet earth.
The retreat takes place at the Yoga Niketan Ashram Muni- Ki- Reti Sivanada Nagar Ram Jhula
- Daily 120min yoga sessions
- Daily guided meditation sessions
- 8 Nights single ashram style accommodation
- 3 Daily yogic, vegetarian meals
- Group Activities
- 1 Ayurvedic massage
- Attend Indian holy ceremonies by the sacred river Ganga
- Visit sacred caves, temples, and ashrams
- Watch the sun rise in the Himalayas
- Meet sadhus and gurus
- Enjoy one complimentary ayurvedic massage
- Participate in kirtan
- Create our own yagna
- 8:15am -Breakfast
- 9:00am -Meet up up (each day a different activity is offered)
- 12:00pm -Lunch
- 3:00pm -Yoga 120 min (Yin - Restorative - Yoga Nidra - Pranayama - Meditation )
- 5:30 -Journaling/Discussion/Yogic studies 90 min
- 7:45pm -Dinner
- 9:00pm -Good Night
*Please note that on days of excursions and sightseeing the schedule will change. We will inform you of such changes the day before.
The Ashram cuisine offers vegetarian yogic meals. If you have any dietary requirements please email us.
What is included:
- 8 Nights /9 days clean, safe, single ashram style accommodation (double available upon request)
- 3 Daily balanced, vegetarian, yogic meals.
- All classes, activities, and excursions.
How to reach us:
By plane: fly into Dehradun's Jolly Grant airport (DED). Transportation to/from airport available upon request at your own expense. Please let me know if you will be needing one. I will meet you at the Ashram.
By train: 5 hour trip on Shatabdi Express from New Delhi railway station to Haridwar. You can then take a taxi from Haridwar to Rishikesh (1 hour). I will meet you at the Ashram.
Before you go:
During winter season the weather can be chilly in the morning and at night. It warms up during the day. Bring warmer clothes and comfortable shoes, an umbrella -because why not- and a flashlight -just in case-.
When I am in a state of yoga I am able to feel the interconnectedness of mind, body, spirit. I am able to realize I am not the voice in the head and I have a choice to listen to it or not. Through the movement of my body in different asana, or the chanting of a mantra, in the moments of silence in front of my altar, or simply mindfully observing the flow of my breath, I am aware of being linked to something bigger than myself. These are the times when I reconnect to the embodiment of who I truly am: spirit in human form. I carry this awareness wherever I go, as a tool to appreciate life in its fulness.