Ayurveda Yoga, Cooking & Surf Retreat in Nicaragua
- El Coco Loco Resort
- Chinandega Department, Nicaragua
- Apr 21, 2018 - Apr 28, 2018 (8 days)
- $1450 - 1950
Join Balarama Chandra Das and Emma Kate Veader for an Ayurvedic Yoga & Cooking Retreat for 7 nights hosted at El Coco Loco eco-resort in Northern Nicaragua. Travel creates an opportunity to shift perspectives and open your heart. Enjoy the ease of having all the details arranged for you. All you really have to do is say yes and book your a flight! This retreat will introduce you to the lifestyle and basic health practices presented by Ayurveda and Yoga. No previous experience with Ayurveda or Yoga is needed to attend this course. You will practice basic movement techniques, breath work, meditation, unique self care, traditional Ayurvedic food preparations. You will leave with confident knowledge and practice of living the Ayurvedic way.
- Ayurvedic Essential Movement, Breath and Awareness Practices
- Traditional Healing Therapies
- Sanskrit, and Classic Texts
- Cleansing, Nourishing, and Using the Senses
- Optimal Digestion and Ayurvedic Cooking
- Local Educational Touring with optional seva outing to a local Waves of Hope project
- Time to surf, explore, shop and rest
This is an introduction to the lifestyle and basic health practices presented by Ayurveda and Yoga for anyone who is interested. You do not need to have previous experience with Ayurveda or Yoga to attend this course. Despite it’s formulation for those new to Ayurveda, this course will have tremendous depth and knowledge capable of maturing and inspiring anyone on any level of practice.
In addition to these experiences your days will be filled with Ayurvedic yoga, cooking, chanting, adventure, and relaxation. You will have a wide array of activities available to you including surfing and exploring all that Nicaragua has to offer. For Yoga Alliance registered teachers 32 hours of continuing education are available for participating in this retreat.
· 7 nights lodging of luxury accommodations El Coco Loco
· Transportation to and from Managua International Airport to Coco Loco
· 4 organic plant-based meals each day; with local produce
· Local fair trade coffee, tea and filtered water available daily
· Daily Ayurvedic Essential Movement, Breath and Awareness Practices
· Ayurvedic cooking classes for optimal digestion (all recipes included)
· Chocolate Making Class hosted by Coco Loco Resort
· Workshops on Ayurvedic approach to diet, lifestyle and yoga practice
· Dinacharya Selfcare gift bag upon your arrival!
· Evening Kirtan
· A individualized Ayurvedic consultation with Emma or Balaram
· Seva outing to local community outreach *optional half-day outing
What's not included
· Airfare to and from Managua International Airport
· Meals the day/evening of arrival and departure
· Travel Insurance
· Additional activities: SUP, surfing, kayaking tours, horseback riding, volcano boarding, etc.
10:30am-12:30pm Ayurveda workshop/lecture
2pm-5pm Afternoon activity (ranges from cooking class, workshop or free time)
7:30pm Evening activity (ranges from kirtan, story sharing, yoga nidra or free time)
It is important you feel nourished and rejuvenated from this retreat, so there will be plenty of time scheduled to enjoy the beautiful land and ocean however you see fit. Surf, shop, rest and explore!
El Coco Loco is a community focused eco-resort in northern Nicaragua features palm thatch cabanas that were designed with comfort and coolness in mind. Each cabana has its own private bathroom and open-air shower — imagine showering under the stars at night!
$ 1950 Single Occupancy Beach Cabana
$1800 Double Occupancy Beach Cabana
$1650 Triple Occupancy Beach Cabana
$1700 Triple Occupancy Luxury House (with A/C)
EARLY BIRD RATE, take $200 off any accommodation option until 12/31.
If you are coming to the retreat on your own, you will be matched with a roommate(s) that best fit your preferences (which we will gather after registration). All rates are per person.