The Heart of Yoga: 200 Hour Teacher Training
- The Yoga Barn - Ubud, Bali
- Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
- Mar 18, 2018 - Mar 31, 2018 (14 days)
- $1600 USD
In a world full of commodified "yoga" and the proliferation of brands and styles, how do we make sure we keep the beating heart in Yoga? How do we practice and teach in ways that respect and recognize each individual as the unique expression of life that they are? What are the practical tools that can help us feel our own intrinsic joy, freedom, and authority, and share this?
Investigate these questions in this rare two-week immersion with Mark. In the exquisite surroundings of Ubud, Bali, we will explore how Yoga is not just a physical workout, a collection of information, or a "spiritual" workout towards a future, better version of ourselves. It is each person's direct participation in the nurturing force of reality, as it is appearing as you and everything else. This Yoga Alliance-approved training is not in any particular "style" of Yoga: it is the essential principles of the Great Tradition, as brought forth from the Indian tradition by the "teacher of the teachers," Tirumalai Krishnamacharya, and made uniquely relevant to us as modern people by Mark. You will therefore be able to apply these principles to any style or level of Yoga you wish to practice or teach, to make all Yoga individualized, effective, enjoyable, and safe. All bodies and backgrounds are welcome.
Supported by senior teacher Bex Tyrer (click here for more info) and Amanda Noga (click here for more info), in the company of Mark we will:
- Learn Krishnamacharya's basic principles of practice, restoring receptivity and sensitivity to asana (and life);
- Demystify asana, pranayama, bandha, meditation, and chanting as practical tools for each person's participation in reality;
- Explore how asana, pranayama, meditation, and life are a seamless process;
- Discuss Yoga philosophy, but in the deepest, practically embodied sense of "loving wisdom," rather than as dry theory;
- Bathe in sublime classical Indian sitar and sarod music from master musicians Joanna Mack and Bruce Hamm;
- Learn the essential principle of "strength receiving" and how Yoga enables a person to feel and enjoy the union of all opposites;
- Unravel the "social dynamic of disempowerment" that can exist in teaching situations, and learn how to care and teach as a friend and equal;
- Connect with other genuine practitioners from around the world who want something more than a cookie-cutter teacher training;
- Learn about Vinyasa Krama, the art of appropriate sequencing, and how to shape Yoga to the individual, not the individual to Yoga;
- Learn the skills through Yoga to get your life right for you, and to help others do the same;
- Deeply relax and feel the intrinsic beauty of our own nature, as nature.
AccommodationsThis immersion does not include accommodation