COOK YOUR HEART OUT - 7 days of Cooking Guidance, Yoga and Mindfulness Retreat in Gozo, Malta
- Pachamama Studio
- Triq Ta Ghonqa, Xagħra, Malta
- May 14, 2018 - May 20, 2018 (7 days)
- € 700 to € 1240 10% discount (special offer)
‘COOK YOUR HEART OUT’ is a wellness retreat designed to provide a unique integration of methods and experiences to support your journey towards wellness of which foundations can be found in relaxed minds, healthy and strong bodies and open, compassionate hearts.
We believe that wellness is a day-to-day holistic process and our mission is to encourage and empower you to be more conscious of the interplay between your body, mind and the surrounding environment, and rather than fighting bad habits we'll help you introduce new, more beneficial ones.
In addition to sessions in modern approaches to mindfulness, including mindful cooking and eating, we have incorporated Yoga and plenty of time in nature exploring the most ancient and unspoilt parts of the island. The beautiful setting of the island of Gozo provides a peaceful and unspoilt backdrop for this six night retreat.
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Three delicious meals a day and unlimited snacks
- One to one and group sessions in how to prepare nutritious meals and snacks, including those for busy lifestyles
- Daily mindfulness tuition and guided mindfulness practices
- Yoga sessions
- Excursions around the island
- Guided walks in nature
- Heart-opening meditations and introduction to self-compassion
What else to expect from this retreat?
We will spend time in nature exploring the picturesque landscapes of Gozo: unspoilt countryside and beaches, awe-inspiring cliffs and local villages. By observing nature and the world around us, it is possible to deepen our understanding of ourselves and how we function. The incredible connection is that the human body, an eco-system itself, is continuously changing and adapting, and has the ability to renew and heal based on its environment.
Nutrition and our eating habits are closely linked with emotional, physical and cognitive health. Eating a healthy diet gives your brain and your body the vitamins and minerals needed to thrive. Healthy eating habits, however, can be difficult to maintain, especially if you live a busy and demanding lifestyle. You will leave this retreat with concrete ideas and recipes for nutritious and tasty meals and snacks. Your lunch box is never again going to consist of sandwiches and crisps!
Because eating has both physical and emotional components (providing comfort, familiarity and even recreation), this retreat will focus not only on introducing new eating habits but also the principles of mindful eating. This ancient practice has profound modern implications for resolving the troubled love-hate relationship with food many of us have. Mindful eating is eating the intention of caring for yourself and with the attention necessary for noticing and enjoying your food and its effects on your body. It is much more than eating slowly and without distraction. While that’s certainly an important part of it, we believe that mindful eating encompasses the entire process of eating:
- Awareness of your physical and emotional cues
- Recognition of your non-hunger triggers for eating
- Learning to meet your other needs in more effective ways than eating
- Choosing food for both enjoyment and nourishment
- Eating for optimal satisfaction and satiety
- Using the fuel you’ve consumed to live the vibrant life you crave
Monday 14th (18:00) to Sunday 20th (11:00) May 2018
- Shared twin room with en suite bathroom €700
- Private single occupancy with en suite bathroom €950
- Private double room with en suite bathroom €1,240 (€620 per person)
Our retreats take place in the middle of the Mediterranean sea on the island of Gozo in Malta. Gozo, which means 'joy', is a little spit of land sitting in the Mediterranean Sea with unique rocky coastal landscape, waters so crystal-clear and the sky so bright blue that you’ll have to rub your eyes to believe what you are seeing. Gozo is the second largest island of the Maltese Archipelago and is an ideal destination for those who treasure a slow, relaxed rhythm of life and cherish unspoilt countryside and being close to the sea.
- To secure your place please settle the €500 deposit
- In the event that you need to cancel your place, please let us know as soon as possible
- Deposits are non-refundable, however, your place is transferable
- The rest of the payment can be paid on arrival
"Cook your heart out"
- *Mindfulness practices
- *Guided yoga practices
- *Heart-opening meditations
- *Meals and snacks preparation classes
- *Guided scenic walks in nature
- *Excursions around the island
- *6 nights' accommodation
- *3 daily delicious meals
- Free Wifi
- Hot Tub
Day 1: Arrival
Before 18:00 Arrival
18:00 - 19:00 Dinner
19:00 - 20:00 Sharing circle / introduction
07:30 - 9:00 Morning Yoga
09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
10:00 - 14:00 Cooking classes and lunch
14:00 - 16:00 Free time
16:00 - 18:00 Trips to the hidden sites and walks in nature
18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
20:00 - 21:30 Meditation and /or sharing circle
Day 7: Departure
07:30-9:00 Morning Yoga
11:00 Closing circle
Menu/CuisineYou will enjoy three healthy vegetarian meals daily (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) with grains, fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds. If you have special dietary requirements please get in touch when making reservation.
AccommodationsWe will be staying at Djar ta Menzja, a luxurious villa situated in the village of Sannat. This spacious house has its own swimming pool and is conveniently located less than 500 meters from the awe-inspiring cliffs of Ta Cenc.
DirectionsARRIVAL BY AIRPLANE
Please book your flight to arrive at Malta International Airport (MLA).
ARRIVAL BY FERRY
There is a direct bus X1 (2 EUR), coaches, and taxis, that will take you from Malta International Airport (MLA) directly to the Gozo Ferry Terminal in Cirkewwa. It takes delightful 20 minutes to cross to Gozo whilst enjoying the views of the sea and the Comino island. You only pay for the ferry when you leave the island (4.50 EUR).
Mind Reframed can arrange a direct transfer from Malta International Airport (MLA) to the Ferry Terminal in Cirkewwa for you. Your flight details including the flight number will be required to proceed with the booking. Whenever possible, Mind Reframed is also able to collect you from the Ferry Terminal in Gozo and take you directly to the venue at no extra cost.