Transformation Track Work Study Service
- Paititi Institute
- Mapacho Valley, Peru
- Jan 6, 2016 - Feb 25, 2016 (51 days)
This is a special service opportunity for a small handful of people that have an inspiration toward consciousness transformation work. Participants will have the opportunity to be present and support in the transformation process during our Embodying True Nature Retreat.
During this time, the first priority of all service participants will be to support the needs of the retreat. This includes but is not limited to, working in the kitchen, cleaning, and being available to support facilitators’ and retreat participants’ needs. Service participants will have the opportunity to be in the energy field of the retreat group and will be included in an introduction to many of the different practices that we will be working with, including most lectures given during the retreat, some transformational breathwork and dreamwork sessions, and some ceremonies. Read more about the Embodying True Nature retreat>>
When not needed to support the retreat group, participants will also have the opportunity to work on permaculture and infrastructure projects on the land.
- It is required to participate in the complete program. Participants may not have the opportunity to leave the center during this time except in the case of an emergency and should arrange their personal affairs so that it will not be necessary to leave. There is cell service on some parts of the land. Each participant will have one personal day a week.
- Participants should be healthy and in good physical shape. During this program you will be on your feet all day and will do a lot of walking in the mountains. At this time, while the road is still being built, there is a 2+ hour hike into the property. In addition, many tasks on the property itself involve steep ascents and descents. All participants should be prepared to hike with their belongings on their backs. Elders will be permitted to put some belonging on the mules.
- Because participants will be supporting a sensitive transformation process, we are seeking service participants who have a foundation in personal practice.
- There are many unknown elements as we embrace this move to the new land. We will be working with simple and young infrastructure. Those who join should be willing and able to embrace this with a positive, solutions-oriented attitude. Participants should be comfortable living in a tent, taking cold showers, living with no electricity, solving unexpected challenges, and hiking steep terrain.
- Work study service participants must be minimum 21 years old.
- All participants must be physically and mentally healthy and stable. If you have a chronic and or debilitating health condition this program is not appropriate for you. Instead we are happy to work with you as a patient where we can offer the proper support in your healing process. Read more about working with us as a patient >>
- All participants are required to have personal travel insurance with emergency evacuation coverage. More details can be found in the info and prep document.
Sacred Plant Medicine Ceremonies & Transformation Practices
During this time, service participants will have the opportunity to participate in deeper work with the transformation process than the Permaculture Track times.
All participants will receive an initiation, including an Ayahuasca ceremony, integration day and a San Pedro ceremony. In addition to the initiation round of ceremonies, all service participants will have the opportunity to join for 2 additional ceremonies (either 2 ayahuasca ceremonies, or 1 ayahuasca and 1 san pedro ceremony). Additional ceremonies may be possible.
At key moments during the retreat, we will offer a Coca initiation and ceremonies. Service participants will be invited to join for some of these ceremonies.
In addition to the ceremonies, service participants will have the opportunity to:
- Join for some transformational breathwork sessions and some dreamwork session in order to get an introduction into these practices; and
- Join in a number of morning practice sessions. The service participants can rotate participation in these sessions. Practices will include mainly Shaolin health movement, Yoga and Qigong.
- $950.00 – Program Contribution
A non-refundable deposit of 30% is due in full at the time of registration in order to hold your space. If we are not able to accept you into the program, the deposit will be refunded. Some scholarships are avalible for local Peruvians or others from third world countries with limited resources.
View a Testimonial from our Last Retreat
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.