Playful Balance Mayan Riviera Retreat
- The Travel Yogi
- Dec 4, 2016 - Dec 10, 2016 (7 days)
- Bunk Room – Shared Bathroom (female yogis only) - $1,699.00 Double Occupancy - Shared Bathroom - $1,895.00 Double Occupancy - Private Bathroom - $1,995.00 Single Occupancy - Shared Bathroom - $2,195.00 Single Occupancy -…
A Note from Whakapaingia
Escape the ordinary and find a way to balance everything, playfully! We will be exploring the past and present of the jewel that is the Mayan Rivera and dive into the surreal world of the cenotes. We’ll balance the discovery of the local culture through food, interaction and local treasures alongside awakening practices that add in the mind-heart-body connection.
Whakapaingia will lead you in a strong and calming playful vinyasa flow every morning, ensuring you stretch your body and your mind. And whether on a free day or a big adventure out, evening practices will explore balance with the playful integration of acrobatic yoga and Thai massage. You will explore balance in fun weightless inversions and arm balances and float through this warm sunshine, warm heart and warm culture retreat.
The fun of acro-inducing laughter and gravity-freedom set the tone for a week that infuses your mind, body and spirit with the magic combination of great yoga, great food and the great culture of the Mayan Rivera.
- Strong and playful flows each morning (except one) with Whakapaingia
- Evening classes with Whakapaingia including
- acro yoga
- Thai massage
- arm balances and inversions
- Swimming, diving and playing excursion to two cenotes
- dive into the crystal clear water and float in ancient pools
- Morning swim with the sea turtles at Akumal
- all turtles, fish, smiles, snorkels, flippers and life vests included
- Visit to the Tulum ruins
- geek-out on a fully guided history of this ancient culture and structure
- Hands-on cooking, culture and gardening seva visit to a local Mayan community
- get hands-on and in as you help cook a traditional lunch and contribute to the garden that supplies the good greens
- Comfort-lux accommodations
- Buffet breakfasts daily
- Vegetarian dinners (this is a meat-free and alcohol-free retreat center)
- Transportation to and from Cancun (CUN) airport
What’s Not Included
- Airfare to Cancun
- Lunches (except at the Mayan village)
- Additional excursions
- Alcohol or items of a personal nature/souvenirs
- Travel insurance (recommended)
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.