Introduction to Shamanism
- Elohee - retreat. renew. remember.
- 1478 Bean Creek Road Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571
- Nov 4, 2016 - Nov 6, 2016 (3 days)
Are you curious about shamanism? If you are on a spiritual path, you have probably heard this word used frequently. But what is it, exactly?
To give you a chance to experience shamanism yourself, Elohee is hosting a weekend retreas with noted shamanic practitioner, Robinette Kennedy, Ph.D.
Shamanism, an Anglicized word commonly used in spiritual circles today, refers to an ancient healing tradition practiced in many of the world’s first cultures. In Central Asia, where the term, samaan, originated, and shamanism has survived for 18,000 years, the word means, ‘one who knows the way’ or ‘one who sees.’
Shamans, or their equivalent, are still active in many cultures, performing various rituals that connect healers with spirit realms in order to restore psycho-spiritual, social and physical balance to individuals, families, communities and anyone needing this service.
One of shamanism’s remarkable characteristics is that, when performed properly, its powerful techniques allow almost anyone to experience reliable, empowering and long-lasting changes in various areas of life.
As someone reared in Western culture, you may have been brainwashed into believing that logic and rational thought are the best way to move through the challenges of every day life. However, you may have your doubts and be drawn to other paths.
This is your invitation to experience another way of perceiving reality, expanding your consciousness and profoundly nourishing your life’s spiritual center.
Although the effects of shamanic experiences are often immediate, the results deepen over time, leading to a stronger sense of spiritual guidance, increased understanding of your life’s purpose, and easier access to you authentic creativity.
Overall, the shamanistic practices taught in this workshop (journeying, rituals and sacred poses from prehistoric Crete) will allow you to embody awareness of your most meaningful connections with your spiritual self, nature and other people, both those who are living and those who have passed over.
This Workshop Is for You If…
You are dealing with one or more of the following:
- Doubt about whether you are living your true purpose.
- Unresolved grief or trauma that is interfering with your ability to enjoy life.
- General sense of powerlessness in one or more areas of your life.
- Symptoms of physical or mental illness.
- A string of ‘bad luck’ such as injuries, illness, relationship issues or financial problems.
- A profound sense of emptiness, lack of meaning or hopelessness.
During this weekend, you will learn how to:
- Create a safe, respectful atmosphere where healing happens.
- Call your personal Ancestors, the spirits of the land and the four cardinal directions (North, West, South and East).
- Journey to the spiritual realms of the Lower, Middle and Upper Worlds (and reliably return) for healing and clarity.
- Engage and integrate your experiences to bring the insights and power of your visions into your everyday life.
Cost: $455 (indoor lodging, all within earshot of the waterfall).
Or $300 for a camping site next to the waterfall. (Full access to indoor bathroom with hot shower. Bring your own camping equipment).
Double occupancy lodging in Thanksgiving House.
Two lunches, two dinners, snacks, tea and coffee station.
Breakfast. You are invited to bring along ingredients for a simple breakfast for yourself. Coffee and tea are available.
Group size: 15
We anticipate that this workshop will fill quickly. To reserve your place, send the full amount now, or send half now as a deposit and the rest before July 1st, 2016. ($455 for indoor lodging or $300 for camping.)
Can’t join us in July? This workshop content is offered again November 4-6 .
To pay by check or money order, send payment (payable to Robinette Kennedy) and mail to: P.O Drawer W., Mountain City, Georgia. 30562.
To learn more about Robinette Kennedy and her work, visit www.robinettekennedy.com
Still have questions?
(706) 746 5485, ext. 1
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.