Ayurveda & Yoga – 3 Week Immersion – Guatemala
- Living in the Self
- Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
- Mar 25, 2017 - Apr 14, 2017 (21 days)
- CAD $1,200.00 - Dormitory - Earlybird price CAD $1,450.00 - Shared Accommodation - Earlybird price CAD $1,750.00 - Private Accommodation - Earlybird price
This immersion is intended for anyone who feels called and touched by the vast world of Yoga & Ayurveda and would like to gain a further depth of understanding into these sacred ancient practices and how to best integrate them fully into their lives.
This will be a comprehensive journey with a great focus upon the traditional origins of the yogic practice and lifestyle, bringing a working and approachable synergy between these Eastern practices and Western understandings and teaching methodologies.
This foundational program is ideal for those with a background in yoga, serious practitioners of yoga and current teachers looking to broaden their knowledge and enhance their teachings, and integrate more knowledge about Ayurveda. The course will bring together a perfect blend of history, practice and embodied exercises to truly allow each participant to feel well-versed in the teachings. It is our hope that each participant, by delving deeply into the classical wisdom and spiritual intention that is at the heart of Yoga & Ayurveda, will be inspired to discover their own fullness of potentiality and to live from that wholeness.
Classical Tantric Hatha & Laya Yoga: An in-depth study, practice and exploration of this tradition:
- Asana: Discover the profound wisdom of posture as a tool for deepening relaxation, awareness and meditation.
- Bandhas & Mudras: Classical Kundalini techniques & teachings
- Pranayama: Breath as a potent tool used both in asana and sitting practices
- Meditation: Daily practice & instruction on how to guide others with the help of various meditation techniques
- Understanding the Doshas (Constitutions) as well as Prakruti & Vikruti
- Exploring the 3 Pillars: Diet, Rest & Sexuality
- Developing a Dinacharya (Daily Routine) & Rutucharya (Seasonal Routine) for you
- AyurYoga: applying ayurvedic considerations to our yoga practice
- Simple Herb Preparation and use
- Ayurvedic Cooking & Mindful Eating
Ayurveda & Yoga Philosophy: A comprehensive series of lectures exploring the Ayurvedic & Yogic understanding of Life, Health, Consciousness & Existence.
Subtle Anatomy: The Chakras, Nadis, Gunas, Dhatus, Vayus and Koshas
- Nidra Yoga: The Yoga of Sleep, Dreams and the Power of Deep Relaxation
- Nada Yoga: The Yoga of Sacred Sound, Rhythm & Mantra
- Kriya Yoga: The Yoga of Purification of the physical, energetic and mental bodies
- Tantra Yoga: Discovering the sacredness inherent in every aspect of life
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Healing & Purification: Kriya Yoga, Fasting & Cleansing
- Kirtan: Sharing of devotional song, chanting and musical celebration
- Daily Mindfulness & Awareness Exercises
March 25-April 14
Dormitory: $1000 USD
Shared Accommodation: $1200 USD
Private Accommodation: $1400 USD
(Take $100 off! Earlybird until Dec. 1st, 2016)
· 150+ hours of immersion
· Accommodations at The Hermitage
· 3 Delicious, Vegan Meals daily
· Private consultations with the main teachers to set and clarify goals
· Ayurvedic consultation with Tiffany
- CE credits are available for Yoga Teachers and Ayurvedic Practitioners