Roots of 5Rhythms Practice
- Fellah Hotel
- Marrakech, Morrocco
- Oct 28, 2016 - Nov 1, 2016 (5 days)
- $777 - $890
In some ancient cultures it was customary for travelers to leave home carrying a small plant. The message was, "Don't ever forget what you came from. Always stay rooted." Building on this eternal truth, the 5Rhythms offer us a way to find freedom through rootedness. Drawing upon sacred Sufi and Shamanic traditions, the rhythms are a powerful and deceptively simple way to transform ourselves into the fullest embodiment and manifestation of our essential selves. What are your roots? How can we reconnect with our roots and bring ourselves back home again?
The 5Rhythms of flow, staccato, chaos, lyrical and stillness are the roots of this practice, and by deepening these roots, we will cultivate greater awareness by listening to, moving our bodies and expanding our body vocabulary. These roots offer us access to the infinite source within, thus strengthening our own source of freedom and homecoming.
The Fellah Hotel is 13km south of Marrakesh, Morocco. This residential retreat includes one-of-a-kind rooms, fresh moroccan food, free childcare and activities, a full gymnasium with boxing ring and trainer, a thai massage spa and hamman, a working farm and a full multilingual library. Fellah hotel is eco-friendly and involved in community outreach and cultural festivals.
Friday 28th Oct. 17-20h
Saturday 29th Oct. 10-13h + 16-19h
Sunday 30th Oct. 10-13h + 16-19h
Monday 31st Oct. 10-13h + 16-19h
Tuesday 1st Nov. 10-14h
*Hours may change*
PRICES: early 690€ ($777) if paid before July 12
standard 790€ ($890) to be paid by September 12
220€ ($250) - deposit to reserve a space
- Workshop tuition
- 4 nights stay in a double room
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for 4 days and afternoon teas - Childcare 9-17h
- Access to pool, gym, library, movie theater, farm
- Art supplies
Price DOES NOT INCLUDE: - Beverages, room service
- Childcare after 17h (see next section for more)
- Hammam, Spa & Massage services - Tips
Bank Information: You can transfer to US or Spanish bank account. Let us know which.
Refunds for Tuition:
Tuition is refundable minus $50 administrative fee until 2 weeks before the workshop starts. After that, until workshop starts, tuition is reimbursed at 50%.
After workshop starts there is no refund except for emergency situations.
NB: Tuition refund is separate from hotel refund. See next section for info on hotel refund.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Blank Journal / Notebook.
- Layers of clothes. Days are warm, nights are cold. Desert weather.
Address: Km 13, Route de l'Ourika - Tassoultante - Canal Zarraba - 40 000 Marrakech Tel: +212 525 065 000
Mobile: +212 619 699 590 / +212 650 042 203
Free every day of the week from 9am until 5pm.
After 5pm, there is the possibility of hiring a carer for 150MAD/hour (approx.15e/hr)
The care facility is lovely and clean. The children are engaged in different activities everyday: - Educational Farm. Collect eggs, groom the donkeys, milk the goats, pet the rabbits.
- Nature Connect. Tour of the Fellah gardens, plant seeds or herbs, nutritional care.
- Artistic Awakening. Variety of mediums and techniques like calligraphy, collage, drawing, architecture, painting, and cartooning.
- African Tales. Malian griot (poet storyteller) recounts magical stories of the African continent. - Boxing for kids. Fellah has especially designed sessions for children to help them learn to exteriorize, unwind and use their energy in a good and positive way.
- Hands-on Skin Care. With our partner natural cosmetic and skin care brand Naturom, children will have fun smelling fragrances, mixing up ingredients, and creating a wonderful skin care product to take home.
We can organize taxis and vans to take you to and from the retreat.
If you want us to organize your transport, please let Serafine know by the 15th of October. Make sure to send your travel plans:
flight #, provenance, arrival date and time, departure date and time, # of passengers.
You can also get your own taxi or rent a car and find your own way there.
- Local languages are mainly Arabic, Berber and French.
- No tourist visa required for stays under 90 days.
- No vaccinations required.
- Carry a photocopy of your passport with you if you leave documents in hotel. - Make sure your health insurance plan provides coverage overseas.
- Tipping is customary by foreigners and locals alike. 10-15% is the norm.
- Islam is the official religion in Morocco. However, the constitution provides for the
freedom to practice one's religion. Be respectful.
- LGBT. Same-sex relationships are criminalized in Morocco. Be aware.
RECOMMENDED PLACES TO VISIT
Marrakech - 13km
- J ́maa El-Fna Square, especially at sunset when the food vendors and entertainers are out. - Majorelle Gardens, especially early in the morning before the tourists get there.
- Spice Market. Visit the restaurant Nomad for a lovely view and meal.
Essaouira - 192km (3hrs)
- Beautiful seaside city with wonderful market, ancient white-washed streets, and a rich culture of Sufi music and art.
- Surfing culture also thrives here.
Atlas Mountains - 130km (3hrs) to the top
- Atlas Studios, Skoura, 1001 oases, Dades Gorges, many beautiful places. Ask Serafine.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.