- Mel Smith Studios
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- May 16, 2017 - May 23, 2017 (8 days)
- $1370.00 - $2200.00
Join artist and chef Melanie Smith for a glorious week of painting, authentic Scandinavian cuisine and relaxation in the rustic Danish countryside.
Ryethøjgård Bed and Breakfast
Ryethøjgård B&B is a working farm located in Værløse. It is nestled in the heart of the countryside yet only 16 km from Copenhagen. The farm is a solace for the soul. With only the sounds of birds chirping and deer tip-toeing in the forest, you are sure to feel at peace. The nearest neighbor is Værløse Golf Course (300m) and Ryet forest with Farum and Furesø lakes only 150 m away, where you can go fishing and use the public sea bath. Ryethøgård B&B flaunts original thatched roofs, Danish interior and beautiful country landscape.
* Daily painting instruction with artist Melanie Smith (morning and evening sessions). Landscape exploration and plein air painting.
* Easels, thinners and mineral spirits, mediums, paper palettes, canvas, sketching materials ie. paper, pencils… (Oil paint not provided. Packages of paint may be ordered in advance via email order to (firstname.lastname@example.org) at an extra expense otherwise paints are permitted in checked luggage providing they are in a sealed bag or container ie. ziplock or plastic container)
* 7 nights’ accommodations + all linen + towels
* 3 delicious Danish inspired meals a day, except for 2 days mid-week.
* One day will be an outing to see the Danish National Museum and Statens Museum for Kunst in which guests are free to choose their own meals and snacks for the day (DAY 3) and the second a free day for guests to choose what they would like to do ie. Shopping in the city, exploring the areas beautiful walking trails and lakes or just relaxing (DAY 5). There is a dining room at the B& B where you can place a dinner request. Breakfast and snacks will be available in the Art Escape kitchen at all times.
Please specify when booking if there are any allergies or dietary needs.
* Museum entry and transport to and from the city
* Large library available to all guest
* Fresh fruits and juices for breakfast and snacks all day.
* Wine and beer at dinner (limited to 1-2 glasses per meal per guest)
* Use of whirlpool bath
* Guided Hike (2-3 hours) to Farum Sø- Furesø . These are the mirrored lakes just minutes from the BnB. There are beautiful trails, boat rental, sandy lake beach and so much more. A packed lunch will be provided on this day.
* Transport to and from the airport on the first day and last day of the retreat. There will be one scheduled pick up and drop off only. Airport meets and guidance to the retreat will be provided if requested during booking for an extra fee.
* Use of WIFI and TV in all rooms. (If booking the apartment accommodating 4 ppl : use of WIFI, TV, Mini bar, Private bath, kitchen.)
* Common room for relaxing
* Laundry facilities
Note: Ryethøjgård is farm, therefore during the different seasons you are able to observe the farming of the land.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.