Advanced 300 hr Yoga Teacher Training – Ecuador
- Living in the Self
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador
- Apr 24, 2017 - May 24, 2017 (31 days)
- CAD $3,000.00 - Tent (bring your own) CAD $3,500.00 - Shared Occupancy CAD $4,300.00 - Private Occupancy
The YTT from Living in the Self, with Tiffany and Kristof, is absolutely unlike any other – it has changed my life, brought fruit to all of my relationships, and helped me grow in ways I didn’t know were possible. It has been one of the most emotionally, mentally, and physically challenging and rewarding things I have ever done.
The Living in the Self 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training is an advanced training for those with a strong background and practice in yoga or anyone who has already completed their 200 hour RYS training and is looking to enhance and build upon their previous knowledge and teaching practice.
This training will provide you with the tools and inspiration to incorporate the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of yoga into your modern life, without losing sight of the universal goal of the practice: awakening. This is the training for anyone who is yearning to gain a further depth of understanding into the vast, sacred wisdom of Yoga and to amplify their capacity to best share and inspire others on this beautiful path. You will be provided with an expansive array of potent tools, all taught with the main intention to inspire you to experience and teach yoga and meditation as the truly personal, transformational and awakening gift that it is. This training also involves a 5-Day period of silent retreat, with a great focus upon meditation and self-enquiry.
This 300 hour training will be a comprehensive journey, deepening your existing knowledge, introducing advanced practices and emphasizing greatly upon the esoteric offerings of the yogic path and lifestyle. This advanced training attracts serious yoga teachers who intend to be heartfelt, committed, insightful, informed and confident in their teaching, with the ability to incorporate asanas, pranayama, mindfulness, meditation, Ayurveda, chanting, tantra and scriptural study into a deep practice leading to liberation.
Together, we will be constantly working to unravel each of our gifts and abilities, empowering you to realize and cultivate your most authentic way of living and sharing these teachings. In this training more focus will be placed upon the subtler practices of meditation, pranayama and concentration, as well as a large amount of time devoted to teaching Yoga to specific demographics/populations, Ayurveda, and aligning practices for individual, restorative and curative needs. The course will bring together a perfect blend of theory, history, practice and embodied exercise to truly allow each participant to feel embedded in the teachings and confident in sharing them with others. It is our hope that each participant, by delving deeply into the classical wisdom and spiritual intention that is at the heart of Yoga, will be inspired to discover their own fullness of potentiality and to enliven that in the people around them.
Classical Hatha & Laya Yoga: An in-depth study, practice and exploration of this tradition:
• Asana: Discover the profound wisdom of posture as a practice for deepening relaxation, awareness, dissolution and meditation.
• Bandhas & Mudras: Classical locks and gestures to free and amplify prana
• Pranayama: Continue to discover the power of breath practices to channel, purify and increase prana
• Concentration: Specific techniques, such as trataka and visualizations, will be practiced to develop focus and awareness.
• Meditation: Daily practice & instruction of meditation as well as instruction on how to guide others. A special emphasis will be upon “Atma Vichara” or Self-Enquiry meditation.
• Yoga for Specific Populations: Learn to share Yoga to various populations: Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, Partner Yoga, Pre & Post Natal Yoga, Yoga for Men, Yoga for an Aging Population, and Yoga for Trauma & Addiction
• Vedic Chanting: Discover the immense power of classical Vedic chanting and how to integrate sacred mantra into your classes and practice.
• Ayurveda: Understanding the Doshas, Gunas, Dinacharya, Therapeutic Yoga Practices, Basic Herbs & beyond.
Yoga Philosophy: A comprehensive series of lectures exploring the Yogic understanding of Life, Consciousness & Existence.
• Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
• Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
• Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita
• The Art of Alignment & Adjustment
• Presence, Poise & Projection
• Satsang & The Art of Speaking
• Finding your Authentic Voice
• Creating Sacred Space – inside and out
• Deep Listening & Empathy
• Ethical Marketing
• Karma Yoga & Consecration
• Coaching & Mentoring with Love
• Functional Anatomy & Physiology Classes
• Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Chakras, Nadis, Granthis, Kundalini, Pancha Maya Kosha
Each student will:
• Assist & adjust in at least 2 classes with a head teacher
• Practice teaching 3 classes to your fellow participants – including instructing proper performance of asanas, pranayama, meditation and giving an inspiring lecture.
• Diet: Guidance on holistic/yogic nutrition, mindful eating & cooking
• Living a Sattvic Lifestyle: Guidance on how to align one’s lifestyle to bring purity, wholeness and positivity
• Healing & Purification: Alternative Therapies, Fasting & Cleansing
• Balancing & Applying Yin/Yang Yoga Approaches – Yin, Restorative, Vinyasa, Kundalini
• Nidra Yoga: The Yoga of Sleep, Dreams and the Power of Deep Relaxation
• Nada Yoga: The Yoga of Sacred Sound, Rhythm & Mantra
• Kriya Yoga: The Yoga of Purification of the physical, energetic and mental bodies
• Tantra Yoga: Discovering the sacredness inherent in every aspect of life
• Sanskrit immersion—learn and connect to the origins and beauty of Sanskrit
• Kirtan: Sharing of devotional song, chanting and musical celebration
• Mindfulness & Micro-Practices – to enhance the capacity to make Yoga an integrated, daily awareness path.
• Quizzes & Homework
6-7 am – Meditation
7-9:30 am – Yoga
9:30 am – Breakfast
10-1 pm – Satsang Sessions; Teaching Methodology; Philosophy; Sanskrit…etc.
1 pm – Lunch
3-5 pm – Yoga
5-6:30 pm – Satsang Sessions; Kirtan; Teaching Methodology; Philosophy; Sanskrit…etc.
6:30 pm – Dinner
8-9 pm – Meditation
$3000 + HST – Tent Accommodation
$3500 CAD + HST – Shared Accommodation
$4300 CAD + HST – Private Accommodation
* Payment plans are also possible
- 300+ hours of training
- Accommodations & Meals
- Private consultations with the main teachers to set and clarify goals
- 50% Off Private Ayurvedic Consultations with Tiffany
- Yoga Alliance certification (200hr for new teachers or 300hr for those with previous training)
Vilcabamba, Ecuador (Cancion del Corazon Center)