Dréa Drury is a sound healer and musician based in British Columbia, Canada. Her inspirations draw from traditional shamanic sound healing practices, sacred chant, and Indian Classical. She has studied the art of using the voice as a healing modality with gifted teachers such as Ali Akbar Khan, Shweta Jhaveri, and Silvia Nakkach. This has led to her own exploration of the esoteric application of sound, as well as psychoacoustic engineering, which she now weaves into the tapestry of her solo project ANILAH. She approaches her voice as a practice which is deeply integrated with the remote landscapes where she was raised. Her love for nature, wildness, and the world of the elements inspires her to write music which directly reflects their essence. Dréa’s intention is to create music, and a teaching environment, which aids in cathartic and transformative experience - as well as the ability to remain as genuine as possible. To her, music is medicine.
Dréa is now expanding her work to include offering coaching and mentorship to other artists and sound healers who want to develop their own expression and understanding. Students can work one on one, via skype, or in a retreat setting in nature - while exploring topics such as:
- The basics of sound healing: rhythmic entrainment and medicine melodies.
- Psychoacoustics (the effects of sound and music on the human nervous system)
- Shamanic Sound practices
- Voice Coaching - How to tap into the full potential of your voice
- Healing applications of sound and music
- Creative direction and consulting: One on one support for artists and musicians who want to complete a major work.
- Songwriting and composition from a new perspective
- Creative Mentorship: Tapping into your full creative power, how to move through creative blocks.
- The artist as shaman - how to use shamanic tools in order to tap into creative potential.
- Tantra - Pranayama - Connecting to essence.
To learn more please visit: Anilah Sound Coaching
Or to book a free consulation to explore her work further, please click here:
"Creativity requires faith. Faith requires that we relinquish control. This is frightening, and we resist it." - The Artist's Way