Munay Camp joins the global family by providing ancestral traditional dietas to promote physical and emotional healing, but above all, to service those seeking spiritual awareness leading to awaken the consciousness of their divine self. The core mission of Munay is to assist participants achieve extraordinary gains in spiritual growth and healing with the help of the sacred medicine Ayahuasca and other sacred plants.
This processes will be enhanced by the development of intimate bonds of friendship among the participants and the experience of traveling to exotic places with paramount richness of historical, archeological and cultural backgrounds.
Munay Camp is a beautiful and private Amazonian campsite created for spiritual healing and inner exploration. Munay, which means “to love” in the native Quechua language, is a conservation project deep in the Ucayali Region of the Peruvian Amazon. Munay is devoted to providing an authentic experience of personal inner healing and self discovery. During your stay you may find that solitude is a spiritual gem to be explored, however there are plenty of opportunities to explore conversations among the guests and the loving staff. While enjoying your stay you can expect to experience solitude, reading, writing, meditation, music making, compassionate dialogue, and plenty of walking and swimming on the rustic trails and the beautiful river that run along and through the campsite. Many participants bring audio visual equipment to document their experience between the scheduled group events.
When you arrive you will be pampered with an opening meal before beginning your healing diet. Your tambo will have a 5 gallon bottle of pure water for your 10 day stay. Wayusa leaves are provided each morning to be used in replacement of soap, deodorants, and tooth paste which are not allowed during the dieta. You can simply break some wayusa up in a glass of water and dip your tooth brush in it and rinse with the wayusa water when you are done. Meals are served at your tambo twice daily that will be free of fat, salt, sugar, or condiments. The methods observed at Munay are what the ancient curanderos did to heal their members out of disease. The campsite consists of a central service area with a kitchen, a large “Maloca“, or common area where the ayahuasca ceremonies are held, and 20 riverside tambos.
Although couples are welcome, the tambos are single occupancy only for healing purposes. The tambos are located approximately 25 meters from each other with little or no visual contact between them. The staff members under the direction of the Don Jose are deeply devoted to making your journey with Munay safe, joyous, and deeply rewarding. You will leave Munay positively transformed in a manner that you may have never imagined possible.
Who Benefits The Most From Munay Camp ?
The Munay experience is not for everyone. Explore within yourself your purpose of doing this dieta and feel comfortable with your sense of commitment of “going for it”.
We find that the following type of explorers invariably experience amazingly profound paradigm shifting, extremely satisfying realizations about themselves and the world around them, life will never be the same after you check out from Munay, it will be just a lot better. Do not hesitate to come to Munay if you are a:
- Soul seeker with any kind of previous experience with Ayahuasca or other sacred plants.
- Soul seeker with moderate to advanced experience in psychedelic substances and/or plants.
- Soul seeker without previous experience with any of the above, but you are driven by a strong desire to address one or more personal issues, the kind of issue rated high in your life priorities. Important issues such as seeking purpose in life, spiritual exploration, breaking away from old life patterns to start fresh a new life, basically to define direction when facing those cross roads in life and major changes are the goals.
- Explorers with rich academic backgrounds seeking personal experiences to better understand their scientific quests, expanding graduate work, or just their particular inner investigative journey.
- Artists, musicians, painters seeking to explore inner creativity and uncharted territories.