Our vision is to provide an inspiring and beautiful environment for the nourishment of body, mind and soul. We strive to create diverse programs of the highest quality, taught with the deep knowledge and large hearts of both our regular and visiting teachers.
The Yoga Barn is a place relaxing and genuine, friendly and comfortable, earthy and unpretentious. Our desirable location in Ubud allows guests to take advantage of Bali's beautiful mountain scenery, many multicultural offerings, the warmth of its people, boutique shopping, international food, and a peaceful easy-going lifestyle.
Conscious decisions have been made to make the space as environmentally friendly as possible. Wood floors have been recycled from old growth timber, no chemicals have been used in treatment, mud walls and paints are all natural, staircase railings are made out of oxen plowshare handles, roofs are made of alang-alang, traditional Indonesian grass-thatch. It really is an Indonesian version of a ‘barn’!
"Living creatures are nourished by food, and food is nourished by rain; rain itself is the water of life, which comes from selfless worship and service."
~ Bhagavad Gita, 3.14
The mosaic of daily classes and workshops include Yin, Acro, Classical Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Power, Yoga with Weights, Iyengar, Anusara Inspired, Tai Chi, and for those who are looking for relaxation, there is Gong Bath, Tibetan Bowls, Sound Healing, Restorative Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation and more. Other amazing weekly activities include the Monday Night Movies (bi-weekly), Sunday’s Ecstatic Dance, followed by an incredible buffet in the Garden Kafe and Sunday Evening Kirtan (call and response chanting).
The Yoga Barn has grown over the years and now includes 6 yoga studios, accommodation, a Wellness Center with colonics, acupuncture, reiki and other healing modalities, an Ayurvedic SPA, a branch of the Bali Yoga Shop, an outdoor amphitheater with a Juice Bar as well as a Garden Kafe.
With over 100 classes per week dedicated to yoga, healing, dance, breathwork and movement there is truly something for everyone.
"I love so much about this place, a sanctuary hidden behind the busy streets of Ubud."
~ Sha R
We are pleased to offer on-site accommodation at the quiet and calm Yoga Barn Guest House, located at the Jln Tebesaya entrance of The Yoga Barn property.
Great for individuals, friends sharing rooms or groups on retreat, the Guest House has 9 private double rooms and one dorm room with 4 beds, all benefiting from a comfortable atmosphere, and friendly, personal service.
The entire property of The Yoga Barn can be conveniently accessed - just 1min walk down the steps from the Guest House! Services include the amazing Garden Kafe where breakfast is served, Kush Ayurvedic Spa, a Healing Center with an array of healing modalities, massage, detox & colonics, and a plethora of daily classes and special workshops.
Room Types & Descriptions:
- Standard Room: Private room with 2 single beds. A spacious and private bathroom, with shower & sink. (Beds can be pushed together to form a double bed.).
- Deluxe Room: Private room with 2 single beds. A large, private bathroom with bathtub/shower combo and double sinks. (Beds can be pushed together to form a double bed.).
- Women’s Dorm-Share Bunk Room: Shared room "dormitory" style, with 4 single bunk beds. Large en-suite bathroom, shared with other occupants of the dorm room. (All-female occupancy only. The dorm is not co-ed.). Important Note:The Dorm Room is not available to any guest who is joining the 3-Day Cleanse or the 7-Day Detox Retreat.
"My happy place! Not only is The Yoga Barn beautifully peaceful and visually stunning, but the variety of asana classes, various meditations, and group sound healings on offer was amazing."
~ Nicole M
Ayurvedic Rejuvenation Center:
The Yoga Barn also has an on-site Ayurvedic Rejuvenation Center, named ‘Kush’. Kush in Sanskrit means ‘Happiness’. At Kush, we offer authentic healing rituals based on the ancient science of Ayurveda. All ingredients are hand crafted from nature. Our therapists have been trained to select herbal oils for each person and perform genuine, intuitive treatments allowing the body, mind and spirit to relax into greater health and harmony.
Wellness at The Yoga Barn includes therapies such as: Naturopathy, Craniosacral Therapy, Esalen Massage, Reiki, Astrology, Sound Therapy, Detoxification, Cleansing & Colon Hydrotherapy and more.
Holistic healing focuses on the whole person, not necessarily the symptoms of the ailment by balancing the physical, emotional and spiritual self. The Yoga Barn offers Holistic Healing of the highest quality, taught with the deep knowledge and open hearts of our incredible faculty of highly experienced and international healers. Our healers at The Yoga Barn connect these elements in addition to working on signs and symptoms for overall improved wellbeing.
When our bodies are out of balance it affects all parts of our lives, from our physical health, our relationships, energy levels and weight, to the way we manage stress and how we feel about ourselves. Fasting has enormous benefits for the physical, mental and spiritual body. It allows the digestive system to rest and recharge, allowing a detoxification of the body, leading to improved mental clarity.
The 3-day cleanse is a great introduction to fasting and will have many positive results.
The 7-day detox fasting retreat is when the body fully begins to reap the benefits…
The usual effects of a juice-cleanse and detox fast are one or more of the following:
- Deeper sleep
- Mental clarity
- More energy
- Clear skin, strong nails and hair
- Body shapeshifting
- Weight loss, both water and toxic fat
- Decrease in pain and reduced bodily inflammation
- Increase in blood circulation
- Smoother bathroom moments ☺
- A shrunken stomach and therefore, reduced cravings
- and more...
The end result in the body will be a feeling of lightness with increased energy levels and in the mind, you can experience healing, cleansing of habitual emotional patterns, inner reflection and, ultimately, stillness within.
"I really like the diversity of classes. All the teachers I had were generous with interesting approaches of yoga."
~ Fanny R
The Garden Kafe & Juice Bar:
Set overlooking the lush grounds of The Yoga Barn amphitheater, the Garden Kafe serves fresh wholesome foods; with separate raw, vegan and Ayurvedic menu items. The Juice Bar has bottles of freshly pressed juices, coconuts, popsicles and healthy snacks.
The Garden Kafe is well known for its varied healthy menu (including breakfast, lunch, dinner , raw deserts, coffee and chai) as well as its weekly Sunday Lunch Buffets, following Sunday Dance and bi-monthly family-style Dinner Buffets on Monday Movie Nights.
The Yoga Barn is easily accessible from 2 sides
- Our Downtown Entrance is located just down Jalan Monkey Forest as it merges with Pengoseken. If you are coming from the Main Road of Ubud, walk down the street, walking past Kafe (the halfway point) to the Dirty Duck Diner and Coco's Supermarket (all on the left). Once you walk past the the Alaya Hotel you will see a sign for Siam Sally. Walk down the pathway, past Zen Spa, and you will find us. This entrance is the closest path to the Garden Kafe and Healing Center but has limited parking. If you need to park your motorbike, please use our main entrance located on Tebesaya.
- Our Main Entrance is located on Jalan Sukma Kesuma, (or Tebsaya as many call it). From the main road, Jalan Raya, turn down Jalan Sukma Kesuma, there are signs along the road to the Yoga Barn. Keep going straight past the 3-way and as the road starts to bend to the left, you will see the entrance to The Yoga Barn. This entrance has ample parking and is the closest entrance to the daily class reception, the Ayurvedic center and the Guest House.
In short, if you are walking in the areas of Jln Monkey Forest, Jln Hanoman or Jln Pengoseken, use our Downtown Entrance. If you need to park a motorbike or a car, use our Main Entrance, and enter the car park on the Tebesaya side of the property.
"I've been attending classes at the Yoga Barn for around 8 years, each time I come to Ubud. It is truly a beautiful place."
~ Matt B
Sep 30 - Oct 27, 2018 (28 days)
Sep 30 - Oct 27, 2018 (28 days)
Oct 1 - 28, 2018 (28 days)
Nov 2 - 24, 2018 (23 days)
Nov 16 - 30, 2018 (15 days)