For more than 36 years the Christine Center has offered thousands of seekers the gifts of meditation, holistic wellness, and mystical spirituality, from both Christian and Eastern traditions. No matter what your spiritual path or faith background, you are welcome at our table.
Buffet-style meals at the Christine Center are homemade with fresh, natural whole foods, grown locally and organic when available. Most are vegetarian. You often hear lots of “oh wow, this is incredible” floating through the dining room.
- We accommodate gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free diets, best requested before you arrive.
- Many of the vegetables, fruits, breads, honey, maple syrup, and eggs served are from our organic gardens from local farmers
- Each of our 16 Hermitages Is Unique and Hand-crafted
- All hermitages have electricity and one to five beds.
- Our guest house rooms sleep two, with private baths and skylights that invite the stars into your dreams.
- Several areas are set aside for tent camping. All are close to bath facilities.
We several meditative spaces including:
- The Mary of the Angels Chapel which holds our recently donated complete set of crystal singing bowls.
- The Meditation Hall you can enjoy to meditate, practice yoga, or just relax.
- The Bela Maroti Library has a first-rate collection of a wide-range of spirituality titles.
- Meditation Trails for hiking briskly or meditation
- The Canticle Circle is a celebration of the Canticle of the Creatures that summarizes the Franciscan heritage of the Christine Center where all are welcomed as Divine Guest.
The Christine Center is nestled in 125 acres of tranquil woodlands in north central Wisconsin, two miles from Willard, about one hour south east of Eau Claire. It’s about a three hour drive from Minneapolis and Madison, four hours from Milwaukee and five hours from Chicago.
For driving, please follow these printable driving instructions:
Air, Bus, and Rail
Flights are available into the Minneapolis International Airport, Central Wisconsin Airport, and Eau Claire Airport. The closest bus station is in Eau Claire. The closest Amtrak station is about 1.5 hour’s drive in Tomah, WI. We can arrange to pick you up and drop you off.
Feb 1, 2018 - 731 days