About This Center
Situated in the clouds on a sprawling 206-hectare estate, Taman Simalem is a retreat for the senses. At 1,400 metres above sea level, the cool, crisp air immediately sets you at ease and the stunning view of Lake Toba will take your breath away.
This mountain resort was built to create a new and unique way to live holistically, with its organic farms and fruit orchards, tea and coffee plantations, and various accommodations that allow a commune with nature. Specially for families, school groups, friends and couples, the resort provides programmes and activities that allows you to get close to nature without feeling the pressures of everyday life. Feel recharged, revitalised and renewed.
In 2001, PT Merek Indah Lestari, together with a Singapore investment company discovered a plot of unutilised grassland and embarked on a journey to create Taman Simalem Resort, and put Lake Toba back on the tourism map of the world. The main idea behind the resort is to provide nature-based attractions that offer visitors the chance to experience first-hand agricultural and horticultural activities that have traditionally been the backbone of Indonesia’s economy.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Bicycles For Rent
- Includes Meat
Menu/CuisineTaman Simalem resort caters to a wide ranging of cuisines - Western, Indonesian, Chinese. Vegan menu and Asian Vegetarian menus are available on requests. There are 6 Food & Beverage outlets at the resort:
1. Teahouse - serving mainly Chinese Indonesians set menu/ buffet
2. Tongging Cafe - serving mainly Chinese and local traditional snacks and beverages.
3. Kodon Kodon Cafe - serving mainly Indonesian cuisine
4. Pangambatan Cafe - serving mainly Asian-Western menu
5. Agro Cafe - serving snacks and drinks from organic farm produce
6. Toba Cafe - serving fast food menu (open only on public holidays only)
7. One Tree Hill Cafe - serving traditional snacks and beverages