Buti from the Akha Hill Tribe invites you to stay in her organic farm. Authentic bungalows are waiting for you to have an a real living with the locals travel experience. Our new yoga sala fits small groups of 6 for retreats that connect you back with nature, good food and natural surroundings.
You can have your dinner taken from the organic fish pond with the unique traditional flavor of the Akha Hill Tribe.
Buti provides an earth friendly permaculture experience in harmony with the jungle farm techniques of the Akha hill tribe traditional agriculture.
"This place changed my life." H.H. Writer, 2017 Come to relax but we keep coming back for the food. P.R. 2015
Venue HighlightsWe are a family run farm just 40 minutes outside of Chiang Mai. We offer a quite place to practice yoga in natural settings vs. manicured resorts. Take country walks, or go fishing, hiking, mushroom picking in the rainy season and great vegan and meat option meals. We are accessible by taxi and out of the city's heat and pollution.
We stay as close to Hippy ethos of it's founder, being as close as possible to nature but we add a few amenities like:
Solar heated hot tubs
Herbal Steam Sauna
Orgone Accumulator - Created by Willheim Reich, this cerebral stimulator is a great meditation tool
Yin Yoga and Meditation Sala
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- Bicycles For Rent
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineThe best way to describe Akha Hill Tribe cooking is to suggest a meal in New Orleans. Savory, fresh and cooked over an open fire. People drop in just for lunch and stay for a nap on the hammock before returning to the city.
AccommodationsWe have two styles of Cabins. The original ground cabins hold 2 people, have fan, electricity and mosquito netting. There are three Upper cabins with their own bathrooms and seating sala area. Toiletires and towels are provided along with natural citronella smoke for controlling the mosquitoes at sunset.
DirectionsGrab Taxi will get you out as well as a Yellow Songtheaw ride to Doi Saket, followed by a motorcycle taxi ride to the farm. Just mention Buti and Willow Farm and they know the way.
To get the the farm,
1. Get to Warorot Market in Chiang Mai
2. Take a yellow songthaew to Doi Saket. Songtheaw wait near the river or in a parking lot across the road. The trip shouldn't cost you more than 20 baht.
3. Take the songthaew to the last stop where they will drop you in the town near the market. Walk up the hill toward the temple about 30 meters (away from the 7-11). On the left is a motorbike taxi stand (or drivers may be hanging out under the tree).
4. Tell the driver to take you to "Buti & Willow's Farm".
5. You can show them this video clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z96pxa6aT4U for the directions to the farm if they don't know. They probably should. It should cost you about 50 baht. The motor taxi finish at 7:00 p.m.
6. Or you can call Willow at (0899515851). If you come later, get a guest house for the night and come in the a.m.
7. Our GPS co-ordinates are 18.843 degrees NORTH, 99.163 degrees EAST.