About This Center
Banjaara Yoga & Ayurveda is a Yoga school based in Goa and Dharamsala registered with Yoga Alliance and the Government of India that provides Yoga education to practitioners from all over the world. Our specialization is in Yoga Teacher Training and courses on Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Yoga Therapy, Mantra Chanting, Pranayama, Meditation techniques and Yoga Nidra.
Our aim is to be a bridge between cultures by giving the original teachings of Yoga in a modern manner to international students in comprehensive terms, this way they can make the most of it and share this knowledge when they return home.
Our Yoga Teacher Training are internationally recognized, which means that after successfully completing the course our students can teach Yoga anywhere in the world.
The word Banjaara means a Nomad or Traveller in the Hindi language. This concept represents a very important aspect of what it used to be the original yogic lifestyle when the ancient practitioners used to travel incredibly long distances in search of spiritual growth. This way of living would shape the practitioner's personality, teaching him or her the importance of kindness, self-discipline, courage, patience and through his long days of introspection, show him that detachment and surrender are the only ways to become one with the Self.
This is exactly what Banjaara Yoga & Ayurveda is about, however with a slight twist, as BYA also teaches how to lead a yogic life in a fun and much more practical way without blindly following strict or stereotypical rules which would eventually bring suffering, if they don't come naturally to ourselves.
In Banjaara Yoga & Ayurveda we believe in these values. Being travellers in our own journey along the yogic path, we have gathered and are still collecting the teachings and knowledge which are as useful today as they were in the past. Our aim is to help others to overcome the obstacles of life through yogic and ayurvedic means, without being judgemental, as we know that each and every one of us has also walked a long distance to find ourselves where we currently are.
We encourage every single one of our students to improve and pursue the best version of themselves by stepping on the yoga mat and walking together towards their goals.
Banjaara courses on Yoga and Ayurveda are open to all, regardless of the age, culture, experience, country or level of fitness. We make sure that all our students have the tools and equal opportunities to improve and learn to the best of their capabilities. Our experience teaching in different countries to students of diverse backgrounds has shown us how to balance our classes to suit the needs and requirements of each group of yogis.
" Teach what is inside you, not as it applies to you, but as it applies to the other" - T. Krishnamacharya
Venue HighlightsOur Yoga Teacher Training are conducted in Ashvem Beach, which is a beautiful beach located in the heart of North Goa and all attractions worth visiting are conveniently nearby. Mandrem beach is less than half a mile away, it’s one of the biggest and the most peaceful beaches in North Goa, perfect for a morning walk.
1.8 miles to the north from Ashvem is Arambol beach, best visited during sunset to enjoy famous drum circle and soak in the careless hippie atmosphere.
For an authentic Goan experience Wednesday Anjuna Flea Market and Saturday Night Market in Arpora are the places to go.
AccommodationsYou will be accommodated at the Wellness Inn Hotel, which is located in the heart of Ashvem beach, in North Goa. You are able to choose from cozy double rooms, for single or double occupancy and spacious family rooms, suitable for two or four guests. All rooms have attached bathrooms with hot water, air conditioner and Wi-Fi access.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineYou will be served three basic vegetarian meals daily for specific packages with food included. Please note that Vegan and Gluten Free food is available on request.
DirectionsNearest airport: Goa International Airport (Dabolim, GOI)
Arrival by taxi or car/motorcycle rental from Goa International Airport or Baga/Calangute area:
1. From Calangute or Baga take a straight road to the north (towards Siolim)
2. On the Siolim junction follow the mail road going to the left and cross Siolim bridge
3. On the fork on the road about 500 meters after the bridge, take left following the sign “Morjim”
4. After 2 kilometers take the right turn following the sign “Morjim V.P.”
5. Continue along road for 1 kilometer until you reach a 'T' junction, take the left turn following the sign “Ashwem”
6. After 1 kilometer, take the first turn right to Ashvem beach road following the sign
7. After 3 kilometers you will see Wellness Inn on the right hand side of the road
Arrival by taxi or car/motorcycle rental from Arambol/Mandrem area:
1. From Arambol go to Mandrem village following the Siolim Road
2. One kilometer after Mandrem Market you will see a right turn after HDFC bank. Take the turn and proceed straight for about one kilometer, passing a church on your left until you reach a fork on the road
3. Take the right on the fork following the sign “Ashwem Beach/Morjim”
4. Continue along this road for one kilometer until you reach Wellness Inn on the left hand side