About This Center
Good Vibes is located in the lush jungle less than a mile from one of the fissures that opened up and spewed lava during the Kilauea eruption in 2018. Erika and Skip feel very blessed that their house was spared from the lava, and they have created a high-vibe healing space on their property, called the Maika'i Studio, where classes and events are held. The potent energy of the land and this special place can be felt strongly throughout your stay here.
"Over the summer, I took several energy healing sessions. I felt a great sense of relaxation and wellness. I have since become a true believer of energy healing as it has empowered me to live a healthier and happier life." -Juanis, San Diego
Venue HighlightsAs you venture down a winding country road, lined by majestic mango trees and tunneling vegetation, you will reach the destination of our Jungle Reiki Retreat- Kirpal Medication and Ecological Retreat Center, an off-grid facility located on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Nestled on 10 acres of land, KMEC is not only a retreat center, but an idyllic agricultural homestead with bountiful orchards and green gardens. They use all of Mother Earth's offerings by harnessing solar energy for electricity, as well as rain for their water needs. You will find that there is limited cell-phone reception (you're here to "get away from it all", remember?) but there is WiFi available in common areas, as well as other creature comfort modern amenities like hot water and flushing toilets. Many of the structures are open are, and designed to let in the essence of the outdoor surroundings. You will never really feel like you're living off-grid, just more in tune with the rhythm of nature.
This sacred center is protected by new walls of lava rock that surround the property from the recent 2018 Kilauea volcanic eruption. KMECwas only meters away from molten lava rivers, now hardened, leaving it on the brink of an expansive, rolling black lava field. Only minutes away from the coast, this venue is graced with the fresh, salty breath of the ocean and an expansive view of the horizon.
The unparalleled beauty and energetic force of this special location is the perfect setting for your intuitive development experience!
AccommodationsFind comfort in KMEC's eco-chic accommodations, architecturally designed to nestle in and become one with the natural surroundings. Each of the spaces are intentionally minimal, which encourages guests to embrace a state of natural simplicity, while offering an affordable budget. Depending on your preferences, the following shared and private lodging options are available...
- Butterfly and Dragon - Shared Cabin, Sleeps 4 each, with Ocean and Lava Field Views - Each Includes Private Bath. These spacious cabins boast a beautiful screened in porch offering spectacular views of the new lava fields with an ocean backdrop. Each bedroom offers 2 sets of bunk beds, closet, desk and private bathroom.
- Rollinia - Shared Cabin, Sleeps 3, with a Queen Mattress and Twin Bunk - Rollinia is one of the larger cabins on the property providing bedding for up to four and its own spacious personal balcony overlooking the heart of the community. It is located just across from the community kitchen with easy access to the dining lanai as well as restrooms.
- Mango - Shared Cabin Sleeps 3, with one Queen Mattress and a Twin Bunk - The newly renovated octagonal Mango cabin can house up to four people with its comfortable queen mattress and twin bunk beds. The cabin is conveniently located next to all the community resources including the kitchen and restrooms. Built with extra comfort in mind it features 360-degree windows, and a covered seating area overlooking the orchard. Close to the kitchen, hot showers and bathrooms are right next door.
- Milo 3 - Private Cabin Sleeps 2, with set of Bunk Beds and Covered Porch - Our newly constructed Milo Orchard Single Bed mini cabin is small and simple, but always dry and comfy inside with a single bed. It is secluded in our milo forest orchard and has a new deck not pictured for relaxing or stargazing
- Papaya - Private Cabin Sleeps 1, with Personal Porch - Smaller cozy cabin for one right next to the Yoga Hale. Has a new small sitting porch (not pictured) out front for reading or stargazing. Easy access to the restrooms and dining area/kitchen.
- Cacao - Private Cabin Sleeps 1 with Queen Mattress and Covered Porch - The Cacao cabin is the perfect space for one or two with its queen bed and personal elevated porch. Close to the kitchen and bathrooms, and surrounded by cacao trees.
- Milo 2 - Private Cabin Sleeps 1, with 1 Queen Bed and Covered Patio - Milo 2 is larger with a bed for one or two and its own covered porch. Perfect for a getaway as it is secluded in the middle of the our milo orchard. Simple and relaxing accommodations with the sound of surf in the distance!
- Yoga Hale - Private Room Sleeps 1 with Queen Mattress and Balcony - This cozy jungle Viewing Room with deck and queen bed has a phenomenal surreal views overlooking the newest lava flow of the big island! You will have access to the Yoga Hale right out your door. This room offers a spacious lanai (deck) and one of the only rooms within WiFi range.
- Lilikoi - Private Cabin Sleeps 1 with Queen Bed - This is a cozy, cute, and private ground level walk-in cabin surrounded with flowers and plants to sweeten the view. The lovely Lilikoi cabin has a comfortable queen bed for one to two people. A private yet open space with immediate access to restrooms as-well as the dining area.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineVegan, Vegetarian Diet and Gluten-Free Options available.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
If you were silent
Flight of herons on dark sky...
Oh! Autumn snowflakes! Sokan