About This Event
A ten-day intense experience with a one-week retreat in isolation and silent meditation sorrounded by nature and introspection, following the ancient shamanic traditions. There are three extra days of detox, preparation and elaboration during which you can rest and prepare for the experience. A specific diet with master plants (Dieta) and an opening ceremony will guide you to transcend emotions, beliefs and attachments – all sorts of overlapping shells that trap the flow of being. A strict diet is applied during the retreat consisting of plain rice and forest food, no sugar, no salt, no added flavours. This is to respect the ancient traditions of South American shamans and to allow the master plants to connect deeper.
Before embarking a retreat a face to face consultation is needed and different options are offered according to one’s purpose. We match you with the suitable companion plant so for you to establish a strong, personal relationship.
“This is true freedom: to be capable of leaving ourselves, crossing the boundaries of our little world to open up the universe.” ― Alejandro Jodorowsky
- The natural beauty of the river and the woods will capture you.
- The retreat will be shaped through peacefullness and introspection, understanding and delight.
- You will be guided by the experience and dedication of your teacher, who has studied and lived with shamans of South America and brought this knowledge accordingly to the ancient tradition.
- Most of the master plants used in diets are rare, almost unknown to many, but absolutely safe and powerful.
- We grow most of our medicines at the Centre and you will participate in the actual preparation of your medicine.
Venue HighlightsThe Centre hosts a set of beautiful medicinal gardens and a practical laboratory where to process and work with plants
Enjoy our outdoor pool, the amphtheatre and our beautiful temple for meditation and ceremonies
The Tejo river is the perfect spot for outdoor activities like hikes and kayaking
AccommodationsBeautiful wooden cabins with amazing view of the river
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free