Ithaca, September 2017
- Bristol City Yoga
- Agios Ioannis | 28300 Ithaca | Greece
- Sep 30 - Oct 7, 2017 (8 days)
- Ithaca 1 - Stone House Studio (Single Occ.) - £1,700.00 Ithaca 2 - Stone House Studio (Shared) - £1,150.00 Ithaca 3 - Double En Suite (Single Occupancy) - £1,500.00 Ithaca 4 - Twin/Double En Suite (Shared) - £995.00…
Join Laura Gilmore in Ithaca, Greece, and work to recognise and release unconsciously held beliefs and stress patterns within the body and mind through the teachings of Hatha, Tantra and meditation. The Greek island venue, Itha108, provides a dedicated space for peace, relaxation and practice. With amazing sea views and the ultimate “get away from it all” feeling, Ithaca is full of natural beauty. Surrounded by olive trees and sweeping, hidden beaches below, our venue is nestled into this breathtaking landscape.
Overall a wonderful week of relaxing, healing yoga with Laura – fantastic teaching has enabled me to develop my practice and learn new things – thank you Laura! Ithaca Retreat Feedback, 2016
There will be four hours of practice each day. The morning session will be Hatha based, with posture work to explore, energise and balance each of the seven chakras. The afternoon work will include bio-energetic practices, to balance and stimulate the flow of prana within the subtle body. Each day will also include pranayama and meditation related to our theme that day.
Laura’s teaching is adapted for the specific needs of the students, giving a deeply nurturing experience and the opportunity for supported self- healing. Laura conveys the true spirit and philosophy of yoga through movement and stillness, warmth and humour. With more than 25 years practice and 15 years teaching experience, her deep knowledge and intuition enable students to experience positive transformation, both physical and mental.
Laura is a creative, inspiring teacher, responding to the needs of the students before her, while relying on the yogic wisdom passed down from her teachers and studies. Most recently she has studied chakras with Anodea Judith, Subtle body wisdom with Tias Little, and for more than 25 years she has studied Iyengar, Hatha yoga, and Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga with some of the worlds most experienced teachers. She has also studied Zen and Vipassana meditation, and pranayama and this is integral to her practice and teaching.
To find out more about Laura, click here.
Best practice I have attended – thank you for re-inspiring me. Ithaca Retreat Feedback, 2016
Ithaca, home of Itha108, is one of the smallest in the Ionian island constellation that is radiating with Grecian authenticity. It’s shores play host to a long Homeric and mythical history whose many mysteries are sensed amongst animated panorama and secretive coves. Itha108 overlooks the sea and the eastern coastline of neighbouring Kefalonia from an elevated wilderness of olive trees and exposed rocks that provide the elements around which it is built, allowing its natural beauty to speak for itself. An emphasis on indoor-outdoor living ensures full use of the land and its treasures that extend to sweeping and hidden beaches below.
Food at Itha108 is fresh, sumptuous and made up of local produce. All vegetables are organic and sourced from the best of what Ithaca and neighbouring Kefalonia has to offer. Plentiful, home-cooked menus blend traditional Greek cuisine with a contemporary style. For the retreats, mainly vegetarian food is promoted, although freshly caught fish is available on request.
There are six luxury double bedrooms in the main house and three mongolian yurts that are staggered up between rocks, forestry and winding walkways. All bedrooms are en-suite and air-conditioned with mosquito nets, coco-mat mattresses, wood panelled ceilings and views across the Ionian sea towards Kefalonia. Each bedroom has a unique identity. The three Mongolian yurts are light and airy inside, sleeping between one to four people. Pathways and steps provide access to the yurt platforms, each with outdoor seating, positioned high among rocks and trees with beautiful sea views.
Had a fabulous time. Yoga with Laura – challenging, rewarding, relaxing (and that’s within the first hour). No hesitation recommending her. Ithaca Retreat Feedback, 2016
- 3 beaches are 7 walking minutes just below the retreat
- Another beach can be reached after an approx. 15 minute walk through the hamlet of Agios Ioannis
- A boat trip from Kioni, a fishing village in the North of Ithaca to various beaches (weather and wind dependent).
- Kayaks and other water sport for rent
- Car, scooter and bikes for rent
- Scuba-diving facility
- Local museum
- Homers Palace; Odysseus birth place an amazing 3 hour guided tour
- Depending on time of year short and long walks with or without a guide
- A well stocked library
- Backgammon table, cards and other games
- Breakfast or brunch, Lunch (takeaway or buffet style), sit down Dinner
- Various tea’s/coffee/water/fruit/nuts/cakes/biscuits
- Beach towels
- Yoga mats, blocks, belts and blankets
- Local infused calendula, rose, hibiscus, lavender olive soap
- Infused body oil
- Calendula face balm
- Internet high speed everywhere
Transit from and to Kefalonia airport by bus, sea taxi and taxi is also available at an additional cost.
Therapy and Treatments available (additional cost):
- A serene cool and shady area behind the main house is ideal for treatments, or your room if you prefer
- Thai Yoga Massage by Depi Tritsi
- Deep Tissue; Swedish Massage) by Melanie
- Beauty treatments like manicure, pedicure and hairdressing
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.