SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga Training and Retreat
- Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary
- Aug 20 - 30, 2017 (11 days)
- $2,750.00 - Double Occupancy Casita Per Person
SomaVeda™ provides the tools for healing, transforming and balancing the mind, body and spirit. We use the whole person to heal the whole person.
This training offers in-depth, authentic and traditional Thai Yoga classes (also known as Nuad Boran) that engage students with a deep understanding of this ancient and sacred modality of yoga therapeutics.
Experience ten days within the heart of the Costa Rica rainforest in an intensive and supportive training environment. Daily practices in hatha yoga, meditation, pranayama and journaling frame Thai Yoga course material to create an atmosphere for personal growth and self understanding throughout the training process.
Lodging and Accommodations
Six double occupancy casitas are available for student stay. Sign up with a partner or friend and reserve a single casita, or register as an individual and share a room with someone new! Casitas available as double occupancies unless there is an odd number of registered participants.
Casitas are each in a secluded area of the forest. They house two single as well as a double lofted bed for optional use, a private bathroom and are situated upon a terrace with a hammock and small tropical garden planted with local flora.
This training is a partner program to the SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga 200HR Certification Course and will provide Certification in Levels 1 & 2 of the full Somaveda™ 200HR: Fundamentals of SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga and Ayurvedic Thai Yoga, respectively.
Visit www.thaiyogacenter.com for partner program details.
About Thai Yoga
Thai Yoga is often referred to as “Thai massage.” SomaVeda™ practitioners confidently refer to this core modality as “Traditional Thai Yoga,” recognizing it as an ancient and sustainable form of yoga therapy for body, mind and spirit dating back over 2500 years.
Traditional Thai Yoga combines various positioning (asana) into a singular flowing sequence (vinyasa) that brings energy and consciousness to the whole body of practitioner and receiver alike. Techniques such as thumb and palm pressing, tractioning and decompressing, assisted stretching and guided breathwork lend to many recognizable benefits, including and not limited to:
- decompression of the skeleton and joint space
- stimulation and healthy circulation of bodily fluids
- increased flexibility
- lengthening of the spine
- detoxification of soft tissue
- lymphatic drainage
- reduced stress and anxiety
- reduced pain and inflammation
- increased energy movement
The primary outcome of SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga is rooted in the Indigenous and Buddhist Philosophical concept called “Promiwiihan Sii.” or the four boundless states of mind: Love, Compassion, Joy and Equanimity. A SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga session is considered successful so long as these states are conveyed. This approach to conscious yogic therapy holds the potential to change individual lives, and our modern world, dramatically.
About Course Curriculum
This 10 day training will certify students in 70 contact hours of over 150 Thai Yoga postures and techniques. Focus on transitions that allow you as practitioner to flow from posture to posture supports a feeling of easeful dance rather than technical application. Develop general understanding of Thai Ayurvedic anatomy, EFT-BET for emotional balancing, and the History of Traditional Thai Yoga.
- Introduction to the SomaVeda™ model of learning, called the flow technique. This technique allows students to develop muscle memory and emphasize easeful transitions, and is one of the hallmarks of the SomaVeda™ System. The flow technique prepares the student for further, more advanced levels of training.
- Complete a vinyasa incorporating the key body positions (supine, side-lying, prone, second supine/abdominal emphasis,seated) that shape a general balancing session. This vinyasa is made up of 19 key postures that flow seamlessly into a single hour general session.
- Introduction to EFT – BET Bio Tapping Basic Training
- Build on Level One teachings to efficiently learn a flowing sequence of over 150 therapeutic postures that are a direct translation of the Traditional Southern Royal Method as taught at the Wat Pho/Wat Chetupon Temple. We honor Traditional Thai Ayurvedic Therapy by teaching the Thai Healing Vinyasa in their traditional form. We explore variations from three recognized schools teaching Southern traditional methods: Buddhai Sawan, Wat Po and Anantasuk.
- Advanced EFT – BET Bio Tapping Training
Tuition, Lodging and Meals: $2,750 ($800 deposit due by May 1, 2017) – Based on Double Occupancy
Early Bird Rate: 10% off to be paid in a Full by May 1, 2017 ($2,475)
Couples Rate: Bring a friend and get 15% off per student, ($2340 – $800/Student deposit due by May 1, 2017)
*Registration rates are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
*$10 Per Participant is donated to the Rainforest Reclamation Fund at Samasati
*All Payments will be made via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to request a different form of payment, i.e. certified check, please inquire with Alex privately at and we will see what can be arranged.
Registration, Further Details and Inquiries:
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.