SOLD OUT – Yoga, Poetry, and Music
- Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Learning Center
- Feb 4 - 11, 2018 (8 days)
- Single Occupancy - $1,550.00 Shared Occupancy - $1,250.00
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~Mary Oliver
How do we use our life experiences to awaken and deepen our understanding of our humanity and our spirituality? Going on retreat can help us reconcile our secular life with the sacred. On retreat, we take the time to care for and connect with the body that is the instrument through which our life and creativity flows. Join Carrie Goldsmith, MA, Yoga Alliance RYT 500, E-RYT 200, for a week of restoration and renewal between the jungle and the sea.
Our mornings will begin with yoga and meditation. Following breakfast, the day is yours to explore or relax. We can help arrange excursions, or make suggestions for restorative “activities”. After sunset at the beach and a delicious, lovingly prepared dinner, we can join in the common area for cards or conversation, and for four of our evenings, we will have satsungs–“gatherings”.
In our evening satsungs, we will explore poetry, mantra and music. Poetry and creative expression can deepen our sense of wholeness by connecting us more fully to ourselves, each other, and to something larger. The definition of the Sanskrit word yoga, is “yoke”, and the “yoking” of personal will to something greater can take us beyond our normal edges, where doors open between worlds and a flood of consciousness, passed down through the ages, pours into our cells. We can experience this by way of a challenging yoga pose that stretches and strengthens our body, or by way of contemplative practices that stretch and strengthen our powers of attention and insight. Poetry can be that contemplative practice: a poem is a physical event. It enters your body as well as your mind. The yoga of joining your consciousness to the consciousness inherent in the words of a poem can stretch you from the inside out.
This week is for you, so join in as much as you want, or as little. Carrie, supported by her sister, Ellen, will be there to facilitate a meaningful and authentic experience filled with friendship, laughter, and an opportunity to deepen our practice. This retreat is appropriate for yogis of all levels, abilities and experience.
The retreat includes:
- One group shuttle to and from the airport the day the retreat starts and ends
- 7 nights accommodations
- 3 Healthy, locally sourced, AMAZING vegetarian meals per day *Fish can be added to the menu for an additional $5.00 per day.
- Daily yoga and meditation appropriate for all levels
- 4 evening satsungs
o For yoga teachers, workshop hours are eligible for Yoga Alliance CEC’s
- Day trip to Rainmaker Eco Reserve
- Tree-planting with a local community action group
We can help you make arrangements for:
- Surf and/or SUP lessons
- Day trip to Manuel Antonio National Park and beach and/or Carara National Park
- Massage and bodywork
- Sweat Lodge
- Mountain biking
- Bicycles for transportation to and from the beach are available Price per person: $1,250.00 double occupancy $1,550.00 single occupancy Questions or inquiries? Please contact Carrie, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.pranawork.com.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.