250/300 hr Classical Tantric Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – Ecuador
- Living in the Self
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador
- May 1 - 27, 2018 (27 days)
- CAD $3,200.00 - Tent (bring your own) CAD $3,800.00 - Eco-Lux Shared
“The YTT from Living in the Self, with Tiffany and Kristof, is absolutely unlike any other – it has changed my life, brought fruit to all of my relationships, and helped me grow in ways I didn’t know were possible. It has been one of the most emotionally, mentally, and physically rewarding things I have ever done.”
Welcome! Come join us in one of the most beautiful, pristine locations on the planet and immerse yourself into the gift of the Vedas! This training is intended as a holistic experience, inviting you into an ashram-like communal environment. Participants feel especially nourished during this training due to our commitment to intimate group learning (max 12 students), as well as the focus upon the classical understanding and practice of Tantric Hatha Yoga. Unlike any other YTT in the world, there will be a 5-Day period of silent retreat, with a great focus upon meditation and self-enquiry. This is further enhanced by the deeply healing, nurturing environment of this lush valley as well as the delicious food which is all grown organic on-site.
The Living in the Self Classical 250/300 hour Yoga Teacher Training is a training for those with an existing practice and love for yoga or anyone who has already completed their 200 hour RYS training and is looking to enhance and build upon their previous knowledge and teaching practice.
* Those hoping to receive their 300 hr training to become a 500hr RYT will stay for 2 extra training days and have an independent assignment to be completed post-training.
During the YTT you will be provided with the tools and inspiration to incorporate the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of yoga into your modern life, without losing sight of the universal goal of the practice: awakening. This is the training for anyone who is yearning to gain a further depth of understanding into the vast, sacred wisdom of Yoga and to amplify their capacity to best share and inspire others on this beautiful path. We will explore an expansive array of potent tools, all taught with the main intention to inspire you to experience and teach yoga and meditation as the truly personal, transformational and awakening gift that it is.
This 250/300 hour training will be a comprehensive journey, deepening your existing knowledge, introducing advanced practices and emphasizing greatly upon the esoteric offerings of the yogic path and lifestyle. This advanced training attracts serious yoga teachers who intend to be heartfelt, committed, insightful, informed and confident in their teaching, with the ability to incorporate asanas, pranayama, mindfulness, meditation, Ayurveda, chanting, tantra and scriptural study into a deep practice leading to liberation.
Together, we will be constantly working to unravel each of our gifts and abilities, empowering you to realize and cultivate your most authentic way of living and sharing these teachings. In this training more focus will be placed upon the subtler practices of meditation, pranayama and concentration, as well as a large amount of time devoted to teaching Yoga to specific demographics/populations, Ayurveda, and aligning practices for individual, restorative and curative needs. The course will bring together a perfect blend of theory, history, practice and embodied exercise to truly allow each participant to feel embedded in the teachings and confident in sharing them with others. It is our hope that each participant, by delving deeply into the classical wisdom and spiritual intention that is at the heart of Yoga, will be inspired to discover their own fullness of potentiality and to enliven that in the people around them.
Cancion del Corazón Wholistic Lifepath Centre is a distinctive facility whose design and purpose combines beauty, function, and conscious living. Cancion del Corazón translates to “song of the heart”, as the quest for human evolution arises from listening and expressing our heart’s calling. The owners have cultivated the 3 acre property to be a living demonstration of “Eternaculture”, which is the weaving together of permaculture principles with abiding spiritual awareness and wholistic wellness lifestyle. Among the principles embedded in its philosophy are “my life is my spiritual practice” , and “I am in interdependence with both the natural world and the spiritual realms”. The centre is entering its 7th year of development; and your stay there will give you an opportunity to experience the harmony and delight of living within a thriving permaculture system, and experience the harmony of sustainabe living with solar energy systems, rain water catchment, wastewater bioremediation, garden to table meals, and pristine Andean mountain air and water.
Vilcabamba is considered a jewel in the crown of the Southern Andean mountain range of Ecuador, about 5° south of the equator. The climate is commonly referred to as “eternal spring”, with both a dry and wet season, though temperatures are always moderate. Long known also as the “Valley of Longevity”, and the “playground of the Incas”, where Incan royalty would go for rejuvenating retreats. This theme carries forward to present times, as it’s healthy environment energetically supports self development and spiritual awakening. The Vilcabamba town center is only a 20 minute walk or $2 taxi, and is a social center for many travelers. One can find international cuisine along with local fare, and local markets of tropical fruits and vegetables. Vilcabamba is nestled on the edge of Podocarpus National Park, where stunning vistas, wilderness hiking and horseback trail riding adventures await.
Classical Hatha & Laya Yoga: An in-depth study, practice and exploration of this tradition:
• Asana: Discover the profound wisdom of posture as a practice for deepening relaxation, awareness, dissolution and meditation.
• Bandhas & Mudras: Classical locks and gestures to free and amplify prana
• Pranayama: Continue to discover the power of breath practices to channel, purify and increase prana
• Concentration: Specific techniques, such as trataka and visualizations, will be practiced to develop focus and awareness.
• Meditation: Daily practice & instruction of meditation as well as instruction on how to guide others. A special emphasis will be upon “Atma Vichara” or Self-Enquiry meditation.
• Yoga for Specific Populations: Learn to share Yoga to various populations: Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, Partner Yoga, Pre & Post Natal Yoga, Yoga for Men, Yoga for an Aging Population, and Yoga for Trauma & Addiction
• Vedic Chanting: Discover the immense power of classical Vedic chanting and how to integrate sacred mantra into your classes and practice.
• Ayurveda: Understanding the Doshas, Gunas, Dinacharya, Therapeutic Yoga Practices, Basic Herbs & beyond.
Yoga Philosophy: A comprehensive series of lectures exploring the Yogic understanding of Life, Consciousness & Existence.
• Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
• Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
• Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita
• The Art of Alignment & Adjustment
• Presence, Poise & Projection
• Satsang & The Art of Speaking
• Finding your Authentic Voice
• Creating Sacred Space – inside and out
• Deep Listening & Empathy
• Ethical Marketing
• Karma Yoga & Consecration
• Coaching & Mentoring with Love
• Functional Anatomy & Physiology Classes
• Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Chakras, Nadis, Granthis, Kundalini, Pancha Maya Kosha
Each student will:
• Assist & adjust in at least 2 classes with a head teacher
• Practice teaching 4 classes to your fellow participants – including instructing proper performance of asanas, pranayama, meditation and giving an inspiring talk.
• Diet: Guidance on holistic/yogic nutrition, mindful eating & cooking
• Living a Sattvic Lifestyle: Guidance on how to align one’s lifestyle to bring purity, wholeness and positivity
• Healing & Purification: Alternative Therapies, Fasting & Cleansing
• Balancing & Applying Yin/Yang Yoga Approaches – Yin, Restorative, Vinyasa, Kundalini
• Nidra Yoga: The Yoga of Sleep, Dreams and the Power of Deep Relaxation
• Nada Yoga: The Yoga of Sacred Sound, Rhythm & Mantra
• Kriya Yoga: The Yoga of Purification of the physical, energetic and mental bodies
• Tantra Yoga: Discovering the sacredness inherent in every aspect of life
• Sanskrit immersion—learn and connect to the origins and beauty of Sanskrit
• Kirtan: Sharing of devotional song, chanting and musical celebration
• Mindfulness & Micro-Practices – to enhance the capacity to make Yoga an integrated, daily awareness path.
• Quizzes & Homework
6-7 am – Meditation
7-9:30 am – Yoga Sadhana
9:30 am – Breakfast
10:30-12 pm – Satsang Sessions; Teaching Methodology; Philosophy; Sanskrit…etc.
12-1 pm – Integration Time
1 pm – Lunch
4-5:30 pm – Yoga Sadhana
5-6:30 pm – Satsang Sessions; Kirtan; Teaching Methodology; Philosophy; Sanskrit…etc.
6:30 pm – Dinner
8:30-9 pm – Meditation
$3200 + HST – Tent Accommodation (bring your own)
$3600 + HST – Rustic Shared Accommodation – Sold-Out!
$3800 CAD + HST – Eco-Lux Shared Accommodation
$4300 CAD + HST – Private Accommodation (Shared Bath) – Sold Out!
$4500 CAD + HST – Private Accommodation (Private Bath) – Sold Out!
* Payment plans are also possible
- $300 CAD+ for 300 hour option
- 250+ hours of training (or 300 if you choose that option – $300 CAD+)
- Accommodations & Organic, Whole-Food Meals
- Private consultations with the main teachers to set and clarify goals
- Opportunity for Private Ayurvedic Consultations with Tiffany
- Yoga Alliance certification (200hr for new teachers or 300hr for those with previous training)
Additional Pre & Post Training Immersions:
Vilcabamba, Ecuador (Cancion del Corazon Center)