Breathwork and Shamanic Medicine Journey in Costa Rica - BBTR Institute Retreat
- Ocean Forest Ecolodge
- Rincón de San Josecito Beach, South of Drake Bay, 60502, Costa Rica
- Feb 18 - Mar 1, 2019 (12 days)
The lush Costa Rican rainforest environment, teaming with spectacular animal and bird wildlife, provides an unforgettable setting for our next BioDynamic Breathwork & Trauma Release Retreat.
In this retreat you will be immersed into a Shamanic healing journey and experience the gifts of ancient healing traditions through a unique combination of working with the BioDynamic Breathwork & Trauma Release System (BBTRS) and rainforest plant medicines. Beyond just a holiday, prepare yourself for the journey of a lifetime in one of this planet's most stunning and pristine rainforest and ocean eco-sysytems! Our dream and mission is to pass on the wisdom and age old practices of these world cultures which we at the BioDynamic Breathwork & Trauma Release Institute have been so lucky to harness for ourselves. We believe that the vital and important relationship between these ancient traditions and the primacy of nature can truly enliven, heal and rejuvenate mind, body and spirit! With our team of experienced trauma therapists and Shamanic healers who have hosted this retreat many times in the past, you'll be safely guided on a truly life-changing journey to healing and expansion.
The highlights of this retreat and price will include
- BioDynamic Breathwork & Trauma Release sessions
- Daily meditations
- 2 Sunrise Renewal Ceremonies with rainforest plant medicine to cleanse and prepare our bodies for 1 full night journey
- Full night Shamanic Medicine Journey facilitated by our host professor ethnobotanist and author Jonathan Miller (Ecuador, USA)
- Daily group exercises & self awareness processes
- Group sharings
- Cacao Ceremony
- Trance Dance Journey
- Guided nature tours and experiences to enhance your program. These include: Rio Claro canoe trip; an interpreted tour of Guaria De Osa's Ethnobotanical Gardens; a presentation on cultural and biological diversity; and a transfer route via the river town of Sierpe to experience the most intact mangrove reserve in tropical America.
- Daily free time for personal integration & resourcing with the surrounding pristine nature
- Three daily delicious meals with vegetarian options
- 11 nights stay at Guaria De Osa Eco-Lodge
- Domestic group round trip bus transportation between San Jose & Osa Peninsula
- Osa Peninsula round trip marine transfer to/from the venue
Proceeds from your fees channeled to non-profit Fundación OSA rainforest conservation in the Ecuadorian Andes & Amazon and our marine turtle rescue project on the Osa Peninsula In addition Guaria de Osa is located in “The Little Amazon by the Sea” - home of one of the great stands of Central American Tropical Rainforests, where wilderness coast and paradise beaches borders a sparkling and pristine Pacific Ocean. Our retreat location is in the heart of the Osa Peninsula endorsed by National Geographic as the most biologically intense place on Earth!
- “Our front yard” - 1 1/4 mile long secluded coconut laden tropical beach
- “Our back yard” - pristine rainforest
- Important Scarlet Macaw nesting site
- Exuberant Ethnobotanical Gardens
- Abundant Wildlife
- Pristine Pacific Ocean
- Neighboring Corcovado National Park and Caño Island Oceanic Reserve
- Beach rainforest trekking
- On site birding, monkey viewing and nature adoration
- Ocean swim, snorkel, boogie board and surf
- Marine turtle nesting site
- Rest, Relax and recharge!
Other activities available at extra cost
- Guaria de Osa offers a multitude of nature tours with expert naturalist guides to amazing locations
- SCUBA or snorkel at Caño Island Oceanic Reserve
- Canopy Zipline
- Corcovado National Park Tour
- Horseback riding
- Dolphin and Whale Encounters
- Ocean and River Kayak and Canoeing
- Deep Jungle Explorations
The Osa Peninsula remains Costa Rica's last wild frontier even twenty-five years after its first national park - Corcovado - was created in the peninsula. The Osa Peninsula is also called “The Little Amazon” of Costa Rica. With pristine beaches and virgin forest, the Osa Peninsula is described by National Geographic as “The most biologically intense place on Earth.” This description is a reference to the incredible abundance of wildlife on the Osa Peninsula - not only in it's rainforests, but in it's surrounding marine environment as well. Without a doubt, the most unique area in all of Costa Rica, the Osa is a place where Jaguars still roam the jungle and Scarlet Macaws fly around in the towns and campesinos from the mountains still ride a horse - something you will rarely see anywhere else in the country.
Total Cost includes: Biodynamic Breathwork and Trauma release sessions, 3 Shamanic Medicine ceremonies, one nature outing, accommodations & meals, Costa Rican hotel tax for Guaria de Osa plus all Domestic roundtrip transportation.
Additional expenses: International Airfare, one night stay in hotel in San Jose (approximately $50 based on double occupancy), two optional nature outings = $140.
Please book early. Spaces are very limited!
The BioDynamic Breathwork and Trauma Release System:
The BioDynamic Breathwork and Trauma Release System® is built on a new revolutionary approach to trauma healing therapy. It skilfully combines breathwork, trauma release exercises, conscious movement, touch, non-cathartic emotional release, bodywork, energetic expression, somatic experiencing, myofascial unwinding and meditation to release stuck patterns in the body, emotions, mind and spirit. This trauma healing modality is recognized and accredited by:
The American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)
The National Ministry of Education in Poland
The International Breathwork Foundation
The Global Professional Breathwork Alliance
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
For more information on the BioDynamic Breathwork and Trauma Release Institute, our trainings and events, please visit https://www.biodynamicbreath.com
Thank you to the amazing staff of Ocean Forest for serving in the highest way! – Abby Tucker, Yoga Instructor, Berkeley, California
Venue HighlightsWhere the Majesty of Rainforest meets the Sparkling Pacific Ocean
Enjoy this spectacular retreat with friendly staff, double and triple bungalow accommodations, and all natural, scrumptious cuisine – the perfect place to relax and renew!
Experience Exhilarating Adventures:
Snorkel & Scuba
Surf & Kayak
Horse Back Riding
Canopy Zip Line
Corcovado National Park
Rainforest, Wildlife & Birding Tours
Rainforest Night Tour
Whale & Dolphin Watching
Marine Turtle Conservation
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineScrupcious cuisine Meals are prepared by our kitchen staff using local fresh produce.
AccommodationsOcean Forest Ecolodge has 12 guest rooms in the following categories:
• Three Ocean Suites, each has two beds, one double and one twin bed
The Ocean Suites are our most spacious and elegantly rustic rooms, double occupancy or triple occupancy with a child. These bedroom suites open to a balcony surrounded by an exuberant tropical setting, and beautiful views of the sparkling Pacific Ocean. Private balconies have a sitting area, hammock, chairs, writing desk and indoor spacious en suite bathroom. They hold up to three guests and are an ideal space for visiting couples who want a more comfortable option, ocean view and private bathroom.
• Five Bungalow Rooms have, each room has three beds, one double and two twin beds
The Bungalow Rooms are our largest rooms accommodating up to four guests, triple or quadruple occupancy for a couple with two children, These rooms open to a balcony surrounded by an exuberant tropical setting, and beautiful views of the ethnobotanical gardens and tropical scenery. All in close proximity to an amazing beach and ocean. Large windows, sitting areas, hammock, writing desk private porch, and en suite bathrooms make them an ideal space for retreat guests, as well as families, couples or friends.
• Four Beach Cabañas with either one double or two twin beds
Our most private and secluded option with double occupancy. Three of these cabañasare are plum on the beach, with a breathtaking view of the sparkling Pacific Ocean right from the cabaña's balcony and one is in close proximity to the beach with a great view of the labyrinth, tropical gardens and the stunning main lodge. Beach cabañas share a nearby bathroom and shower facility.
Toiletries and towels are provided for all rooms.