Pancha Karma- Ayurvedic Cleansing and Rejuvenation in Southern Maine
- Maha Vidya Yoga and Ayurveda
- South Berwick, Maine
- $525.00 - Program Price per Day (All Inclusive) $1,575.00 - Three Day Program $2,625.00 - Five Day Program $3,475.00 - Seven Day Program Special $2,125.00 - Four Day Program
Experience this unique program steeped in deep physical, emotional and energetic healing, detoxification, or rejuvenation therapies all formulated just for you. Nestled in South Berwick Maine, we create a special program to support health, peace and gentle healing on all levels of existence.
Through daily consultations, therapies and individual workshops we share and support your inner development and transformation during your time here with us, offering you sustainable healing practices to carry with you as you venture home. Our program includes daily meals, comfortable private accomodations and a staff ready to support your needs during this journey.
We require a 3 night minimum for Pancha Karma and other Healing Programs, or you may elect to extend your stay for 5, 7 or 10 days for maximum results. For couples or small groups discount packages are available upon request.
For local students we offer a discounted out-patient program that runs daily from 9:30-2:30 and includes meals and services listed below without accommodations.
Program Variations Include:
Ayurvedic Body Therapies including Abhyanga, Shirodhara, and Svedana
Ayurvedic Consultation Daily
Meditations in Nature
Accommodations with Private Bath
3 Organic Vegan Meals a Day
Why Pancha Karma?
Pancha Karma is the purification therapy used in Ayurveda as a means of prevention as well as working with a wide variety of health concerns, offering the most effective treatment for cleansing the body while seeking to eliminate the root cause of disease. Pancha Karma translates to the five actions, referring to the five primary procedures intended to cleanse, balance and restore the body, emotions and mind.
Ayurvedic medicine is the oldest healing system in the world, originating in India some 3,000–5000 years ago. Defined as the science of life, Ayurveda teaches us about the world we live in by understanding the elements of existence from a gross to subtle level, explaining the energetics of nature and how these fundamental forces interact and influence our body, energy, mind and spirit. Pancha Karma is founded upon these central concepts of Ayurveda, which state that disease is caused by not living in harmony with these forces of Nature, generating mental misunderstandings or imbalances and physical accumulation of toxic substances. When the body is the liberated from toxic build-up and the mind cleared of unwholesome mental habits, the innate intelligence of our physical system is free to exercise its inherent rejuvenating capabilities. The main tools of this practice support digestive health, the cleansing of toxins, and balancing of emotions of the mind to create a sustainable life of harmony between our spirit, mind, senses and body.
In Ayurvedic medicine, Pancha Karma is used to treat a wide array of imbalances, including ones that are chronic, metabolic or stress-related in origin.
Pancha Karma has been used to support treatment of:
allergies, arthritis, asthma, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, colitis, high cholesterol, depression, diabetes, digestive disorders, fertility complications, heart disease, hormone imbalances, hypertension, irritable bowel syndrome, immune disorders, infections, inflammation, insomnia, life changes, lyme disease, nervous disorders, obesity, skin problems, stress, trauma, ulcers, weight loss. Pancha Karma can also be used as general preventative health care to support cleansing, immunity and energy, as well as clarity of thought and movement.
What to Expect
To begin your Pancha Karma program there is a thorough examination and diagnosis by your Ayurvedic practitioner, who determines the details of your personalized Pancha Karma program. Pancha Karma is designed to calibrate your unique constitution as we work with a specific and deeply individualized plan of approach. Herbs, dietary and lifestyle changes may be recommended before, during and after your stay. Upon registration you will receive your consultation packet that can be sent to us prior to your arrival.
Treatments can vary in length from a couple days to a few weeks. At the center patients are treated around the clock with supervision, dietary therapy, prepared meals, gentle yoga asana, meditation and/or breath therapies, yoga nidra, ayurvedic massage, and other therapies such as shirodhara, svedana and basti.
Our Southern Maine location is easy to drive to but nestled beautifully in the woods and along the river for both beauty and relaxation. Accommodations include a farm and river view private or shared bedroom with luxurious bedding and a private bath. Guests have a private living area with personal entry and exit.
Life changing....an amazing education about yourself, what drives you,where your focus is....😍 Shera Meeting Carlyle and Zap has been a life changing experience for us. The two of them have so much knowledge, and a genuine passion in their teaching. They balance each other beautifully in all aspects and their teachings are so complete and rich. We feel every yogic experience we have with them, whether being asanas, theory lessons, meditation etc makes us open our eyes more, increases our understanding and makes all our daily experiences fuller and more meaningful. Having teachers like C&Z is a gift we wish everyone could have the chance to experience.
- Panchakarma is the purification therapy used in Ayurveda as a means of prevention as well as working with a wide variety of health concerns. . Panchakarma translates to the five actions and refers to five procedures intended to both cleanse and restore supporting and bringing balance to the body, mind, and emotions.
- Ayurvedic medicine is the oldest healing system in the world, originating in India some 3,000–5000 years ago. With the definition of it’s meaning being the “science of life”, Ayurveda teaches about the world we live in by understanding the elements from a subtle to gorss level and understanding the energetics of nature and how they play upon them in both our body, mind and energy. Panchakarma is based on central concepts of Ayurveda, which state that disease is caused by the build-up of toxic substances in the body and by imbalances in the body and mind. The main tools through its practice are the support of digestive health, the cleansing of toxins, and the balancing of emotions of the mind to create a sustainable life of balance through our intake within the Five Senses.
- In Ayurvedic medicine Panchakarma is used to treat a wide array of imbalances, including ones that are chronic, metabolic or stress-related in origin. Panchakarma has been used to support treatment of allergies, asthma , arthritis, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome , colitis, high cholesterol, depression , diabetes, digestive disorders, heart disease, hypertension , immune problems, infections , inflammation, insomnia , nervous disorders, obesity , skin problems, and ulcers. Panchakarma can also be used as a general preventative to support cleansing, immunity and energy as well as clarity of thought and movement.
- Panchakarma Programs
- To begin your Panchakarma Program there is a thorough examination and diagnosis by your Ayurvedic practitioner, who determines the details of your personalized panchakarma program. Panchakarma rebalances the unique constitution within you, as we work with a specific and deeply individualized plan of approach. Herbs and dietary and lifestyle changes that may be recommended both before, during and after your stay.
- Treatments can vary in length from a couple days to a few weeks. At the center here in New Hampshire patients are treated around the clock wit supervision, dietary therapy, prepared meals, gentle yoga asana, meditation and/ or breath therapies, yoga nidra, ayurvedic massage, and other therapies such as shirodhara, svedana and basti.
Venue HighlightsLocated on three acres of land in Southern Maine we offer individualized Pancha Karma programs in our home based center. With only 1-3 guests on sight at a time this is a unique experience for self care, reflection, time in nature and specialized offerings of cleansing, rejuvenating and learning Yoga and Ayurveda.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleProgram includes meals, accommodations, daily movement classes, consultations, ayurvedic therapies, time in nature, mediations and workshops on topics of interest.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free