200 Hour Ayurveda & Yoga Teacher Training
- Shanti Om Retreat Centre
- Playa Hermosa, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
- Mar 3, 2018 - Mar 24, 2018 (22 days)
- $4000 (early bird until Dec.3/17) $4500 (double occupancy) $5000 (early bird until Dec.3/17) $5500 (single occupancy)
This Yoga Alliance 200 hour RYS registered program is offered in an intensive format of 21 consecutive days, in the beauty of Costa Rica. The program is offered as all inclusive with organic plant based meals and accommodation included.
The focus of this training will be how to safely practice and teach beginner Hatha Vinyasa Yoga, meaning the fluid and purposeful integration of breath and movement, while integrating the science of Ayurveda. You will gain an understanding of Ayurveda, proper alignment for asana including sun salutations for all levels, creative and intelligent sequencing, sequencing based on Ayurveda, how to enhance postures with hands-on adjustments, how to incorporate effective mantra, meditation and pranayama into your class, how to use props, and how to work with special populations-such as prenatal clients.
The program is created on a three week schedule to allow for some unstructured free time over the weekends so you can explore the nearby beaches, waterfalls and hiking trails, take a surf or paddleboard lesson, receive a massage with Jessica; or simply relax by the pool while catching up on reading and writing. Class size is strictly limited to less than 10 students, often 8 students in one training. The course includes karma seva- service in action to learn more about the Costa Rican culture and it relies heavily on direct experience to help the students understand and convey the theory sustaining yoga philosophy and ethics.
This training is based on the premise of deeper immersion into traditional yoga therapy and Ayurvedic health practices. I am aiming to invite people who want to deepen their understanding of themselves and their personal constitution, Yoga, Ayurveda, as well as Sanskrit, Costa Rica and Spanish! The program covers all the theory and practice of any good YTT, but has a strong basis in the science of Ayurveda.
• 20 days of instruction and 21 nights of accommodation at two diverse and stunning locations (15 days at beach location and 6 days in the mountains)
• 4 organic meals a day; light breakfast, breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Daily Ayurveda lectures, yoga practices and meditation sessions
• A 1 hour personal Ayurvedic Consultation with Jessica
• Yoga Teacher Training Manual