Introduction to the Four Noble Truths
- Ananda Center Laurelwood
- Laurelwood, Oregon, USA
- Oct 12 - 14, 2018 (3 days)
- A) Economy Twin (Shared) - $248.00 B) Economy Twin/Full (Private) - $298.00 C) Standard Twin (Shared) - $298.00 D) Standard Twin (Private) - $368.00 E) Premium Queen - $408.00 F) Deluxe Queen (w/private bath) - $538.00 G)…
The Four Noble Truths comprise the essence of the Buddha’s teaching. They are incredibly simple to hear, but a lifetime can be spent trying to understand them. However, the way to freedom lies not in a scholarly study of these teachings, but instead in practicing meditation and mindfulness. The reality of suffering draws many people to the Buddha’s teachings, but the teachings are not about suffering. During this weekend we will explore the deeper meanings of the Four Noble Truths, the Eightfold Path, and how we can journey further on the Path towards our own personal freedom.
- Suffering exists
- Suffering arises from attachment to desires
- Suffering ceases when attachment to desire ceases
- Freedom from suffering is possible by practicing the Eightfold Path”
*To register for the Saturday only portion of the program, please click here.