First Timers Weekend Yoga & Meditation Retreat – December 2017 Copy
- Ananda Center Laurelwood
- Dec 8 - 10, 2017 (3 days)
- Contentment - 2 bedroom apt. w/ living & dining room, kitchen and bath - $585.00 Day guest (no lodging, includes meals) - $155.00 Deluxe Queen (w/private bath) - $515.00 Economy Twin (Private) - $275.00 Economy Twin…
We’re sorry, but registration for this program is closed. However, there are other First Timers Weekend Retreats scheduled every month in 2018.
Yoga, Meditation and Community
Experience a relaxing retreat with guided meditation and yoga, explore spiritual principles and feel the joy of community while surrounded in the beauty and peace of our rural retreat center west of Portland, Oregon. First Timers’ Weekend is the perfect time to experience a little of everything Ananda offers for a discounted price.
Retreat weekend includes:
- Introduction to Ananda Yoga, suitable for all bodies and abilities
- Instruction in effective and practical meditation techniques to expand your consciousness
- Exploration of universal spiritual principles that can improve every aspect of your life and the concept of Self Realization as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Introduction to the Energization Exercises and Qigong which bring increased energy and vitality
- An evening of Kirtan, devotional chanting that opens the heart
- Restorative Yoga on Sunday morning
- Personal retreat time
- An experience of a dynamic spiritual community where every day is a joyful adventure
- “Satsanga” – fellowship with truth seekers who are committed to living with higher consciousness and expanded awareness
New to Meditation and Yoga?
While most of our programs are perfect for those with no prior experience, this one is especially designed to introduce newcomers to meditation, yoga, and spiritual community. You’ll be amazed at the variety of things you can learn and experience in just one weekend.
Personal Instruction, Guidance and Community
Experience in-depth instruction in meditation, and guided yoga postures. Morning and afternoon yoga and meditation are offered daily in addition to sessions of instruction and discussion. Explore spiritual principles that can help you improve your quality of life. Enjoy a tour of Ananda Laurelwood, sing and play along with a joyful community kirtan, get to know residents and the uplifting music and stories of Ananda.
Our teachers have devoted their lives to life-transforming meditation and yogic principles and will guide you from their own love of the practice and of people.
4:45 – 6:00 Energization, yoga and short meditation
6:00 – 7:00 Dinner
7:30 – 9:00 Introductions/Sharing, What is Meditation?
6:30 – 8:00 Energization, yoga, and meditation
8:00 – 8:30 Breakfast in Silence
10:00 –12:30 How to Meditate plus full experiential sadhana with energizing, chanting, pranayama, and guided meditations.
12:45- 1:30 Lunch
2:00- 4:00 Qigong practice and a walking meditation
4:45 – 6:00 Energization, yoga, and short meditation
6:00 – 7:00 Dinner
7:30 – 9:00 Kirtan – devotional chanting
6:30 – 8:00 Restorative Yoga
8:00 – 9:00 Breakfast
9:00 –10:00 Personal Retreat time
10:00 –12:15 Wrap-up: Bringing Meditation into Daily Life
Vegetarian Retreat Center
Your weekend also includes delicious vegetarian meals, the beautiful, natural surroundings of Laurelwood valley, a boutique with unique gift items and personal support and attention to insure your weekend is enriching and rejuvenating. Relax in our simple yet uplifting guest rooms. Each room includes a personal sink; bathrooms with showers are just down the hall.
Discounted Retreat Cost
This entire weekend is offered for only $275. This price includes all weekend activities, three nutritious vegetarian meals per day – Friday dinner through Sunday lunch – and accommodations in a shared guest room. Upgrade to a private room for only $50 more for the whole weekend. You may also come for Saturday only with lunch included for $85.
Internships or Extended Stays
Are you interested in experiencing spiritual living and community for a longer time? Consider our internship program; it starts each month with First Timers’ Weekend.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.