Yoga in Mexico with Joan Hyman
- International Yoga
- Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- May 25 - 29, 2018 (5 days)
- $1,595.00 - Shared Studio $1,795.00 - Deluxe Suite/Eco-Casita $1,995.00 - Private Eco-Casita
Soak up the tranquility of nature and delve into your yoga practice with Joan over Memorial day weekend at this award-winning 200-acre nature reserve located on a pristine private beach on the Pacific coast of Mexico. This luxury sustainable boutique hotel is just 30 minutes from the airport, yet feels incredibly private and boasts a turtle sanctuary, archeological site and permaculture farm. Escape from the daily stresses of life and enjoy the quietness of this lovely property tucked away on a remote part of Mexico in a unique setting where you can deeply connect to nature. Enjoy delicious and healthy meals made fresh from the retreat center’s organic garden by their friendly staff.
Combining simple elegance with natural beauty and a commitment to improving the environment and the local community, Playa Viva is a sustainable boutique hotel located on the western coast of Mexico. Nestled between the sparkling waters of the Pacific Ocean and the majestic Sierra Madre Mountains near the village of Juluchuca, Playa Viva is situated on a mile of pristine and private beach.
The property’s nearly 200 acres includes an estuary, an Aztec archeological site, turtle sanctuary, and a coastal forest and mangrove ecosystem that supports an array of stunning wildlife. Playa Viva is close enough to the trappings of modernity yet worlds away providing immersion into the wonders of nature and escape to utter private relaxation.
- Days will begin with a two-hour practice followed by restful afternoons by the beach, massage, horseback riding or nearby excursions.
- Afternoon practices will be workshop-style offering pranayama and meditation followed by restful evenings and a family style meal
- All rooms have gorgeous ocean views, use traditional open-air construction to capture the ocean breeze and are decorated with local materials to the highest standards of artistic craftsmanship
- Recharge over your Memorial Day Weekend and share the bliss that yoga retreats offer with like-minded yogis in an amazing paradise
Playa Viva food is best described as “healthy Mexican,” with a focus on traditional Mexican meals cooked with minimal oil and healthy and local ingredients—incorporating as many organics as possible and growing as much food onsite as possible on the 3-acre farm. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please be sure to note these in your registration document.
All of Playa Viva’s rooms have unobstructed ocean views and private bathrooms. Depending on if you are traveling alone or plan to share your room there are options for singles, double and triples.
Your international flight needs to be booked round trip to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo (airport code: ZIH). Airport transfers are included in the price of your trip. Once you have provided us with your flight information, we will organize your airport transfer for you. The drive south to Playa Viva takes about 30 – 45 minutes.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.