Yoga Energetics - Foundation Yoga Teacher Training
- Dragonfly Village, Ubud Bali
- Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- May 26 - Jun 24, 2018 (30 days)
- $5300 to $5700
Experiential Embodiment. This is not your run-of-the-mill teacher training. This experience will change your life –and this is not a tagline.
Bali: one of the most magical islands on this planet, where daily ceremony is still part of cultural ritual and, as a result, the spirits of this land are still alive and “speaking.” There’s no denying that there’s a different matrix or dimension here. Those of you who have been here already know it – and if you haven’t been here yet – it’s time for you to come and find out.
Ubud itself has its own sacred potency. The name itself, “Ubud” – taken from “Ubad” – means “Medicine” in Balinese.
This Level One Yoga Teacher Training is already powerful within itself simply with the commitment you make to YOU and your yoga practice. Combine that with the potency of working in subtler energetic realms with the healing magic of Bali – this is the perfect recipe for a transformational journey.
What makes the yoga portion of the training so potent is the energetic field that is held within the training – especially by Cat Kabira. Cat works in a subtler shamanic way – meaning that she has the gift of seeing deep blockages within the body whether it’s emotional, physical, mental, karmic, or on another energetic level – and can safely and fully hold space for you while you observe and watch it clear and transform. This is your opportunity to meet yourself – on every level – so that any old blockage, on any level and in any dimension – can be felt, met, and transformed.
This practice requires courage – taken from the French “Coeur” – asking you to come fully with, into and through your heart. This can be an intense process – this dance with yourself – so do know that your commitment to this program is truly a deeper commitment to levels of yourself you may not have even met yet.
Come ready to work, to practice, to look at yourself, to be surprised. This program is unlike any other. Drop your expectations but DO come with your personal intentions. Why are you here? We are not here to tell you the answers – we are here to ask you the questions and fully support you along your way.
Who is this program for?
This program is for anyone who wants to take her/ his practice deeper, and/or who’s ready to commit to becoming a teacher. This program is for you if you’re ready to change. This is a Level One Teacher Training Course so we will be covering all of the basics and fundamentals as required by Yoga Alliance. This course is different from other 200-Hour Training Courses as there’s an energetic and shamanic influence held by Cat Kabira. Be willing to meet yourself in a whole new way.
Some students do take this course even if they have already taken a level one training. We also offer advanced training modules if you have already completed a 200-Hour Yoga-Alliance Certified Yoga Teacher Training.
Not wanting to teach but wanting an immersion in your practice? Some students show up for that. This is a wonderful opportunity to go inside with some more intensive inner-work. You will still be required to show up for all of the training– including the teaching practices. You may end up surprised. Many who show up for the course not intending to teach are now great teachers.
We do require at least a one-year practice by the beginning of the teacher training date.
Ready to commit? Contact email@example.com for an application and more information. Once reviewed, Cat Kabira will personally contact you.
Many of the tools we will be working with have the potential for deep transformation, and provide a solid base of training, preparation, education, and the necessary fundamentals for teaching asana in both a fiery/yang style and a more yin/restorative approach.
This course includes practice in:
- Meditation Practices focusing on the breath and/or sensations.
- Mantra: Learning how to Chant Kirtan-style as well as Working with Mala Beads.
- Asana: Dynamic Morning Practices derived from the numerous practices Cat has worked with that will include Hatha and Vinyasa as well as other practices – Cat’s “special” blend – that also includes her shamanic touch and vision. Also included are evening yin practices
- Pranayama Practice: Including khapalbhati, nadi shodhana, brahmari and bhastrika
- Basic Anatomy for Yoga Teachers
- History and Philosophy as Taught by Emil Wendel (www.beyond-the-asana.com)
- Teaching practice for both dynamic classes and yin classes and receiving solid feedback on teaching
- Sequencing for both more dynamic classes and yin as well as how to work with multi-level/open classes
- How to assist: Basic Alignment of Asana, Different Types/Ways to Assist
- “Body Reading” – the different ways of “seeing” and “feeling” as well as how to know what the priority is in a student when making adjustments
- Working with Injuries
- Private Clients/ Working One-On-One
- Becoming Aware of your Voice and How You Hold Yourself
- The “Business” of Yoga
- Teaching Yoga to Kids
- Introduction to Prenatal Yoga
- The Importance of Holding Space
- Ethics & Self-Care: Importance of Self-Care, How to Stay Grounded and Centered, the Importance of Boundaries
- A Brief Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy, Listening Skills, Being the “Witness”
- Introduction to the World of Energy: What it is, How to Perceive, How to Clear
- Sacred Balinese Water Temple Ceremony