Mindfulness and Self-Compassion for Educators
- Copper Beech Institute
- 303 Tunxis Rd., West Hartford, CT 06107
- Jun 27 - 29, 2018 (3 days)
- Commuter - $325.00 Private Bedroom, Shared Bath - Queen Bed - $475.00 Private Bedroom, Private Bath - Queen Bed - $750.00
IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
As educators, we are often so focused on the needs of others that we neglect our own needs and are frequently faced with a harsh inner critic. It is our tendency to negatively judge and overexert ourselves which often leads to overwhelm, frustration, stress, and burnout. Not surprisingly, education has a highest rate of burnout of any profession.
In this retreat, we will:
- Review current scientific findings regarding mindfulness and self-compassion, and the reasons why educators should cultivate these practices
- Explore how mindfulness and self-compassion practices can sharpen our sensory awareness, direct our attention, help us recognize our intentions and limits, and develop skills in communicating our needs with clarity and kindness
- Engage in various mindfulness and self-compassion practices through storytelling, mindful games, sitting meditation, movement, interactive learning, periods of silence and reflection
- Discuss ways to incorporate these practices into everyday life in order tame our harsh inner critic, manage stress, and be present for our life
As educators, we must learn that in order to give others the greatest gifts of attention and presence, we first need to allow ourselves to experience these gifts to the fullest extent and frequently replenish our well of compassion by devoting time to be still, reflect, rejuvenate, and reconnect.
Tuition is $250 plus accommodations.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.