Exploring the Mystic Heart of the World’s Religions
- Copper Beech Institute
- 167 Neck Rd, Madison, CT 06443
- May 4 - 6, 2018 (3 days)
- $325.00 - Commuter (includes tuition, meals and commuter fee) $495.00 - Shared Room, Private Bath (includes tuition, meals and accommodations) $670.00 - Private Room, Private Bath (includes tuition, meals and accommodations)
IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
On the surface, religions appear separate, unique, and mutually exclusive. At their heart, they share a common truth and perennial wisdom:
- Each life is an expression of a nondual process called Ultimate Reality, God, Tao, Mother, Allah, YHVH, Dharmakaya, Brahman, Nature, Great Spirit, etc.
- All humans have an innate capacity to awaken as ultimate reality.
- Awakening as ultimate reality carries with it an ethic of interdependence calling us to cultivate compassion and justice toward all beings.
- Awakening to ultimate reality and living this ethic is humanity’s highest goal.
Using a mixture of chanting, passage meditation, self–inquiry, lovingkindness practice, and contemplative study, Rabbi Rami will help us explore through five existential questions:
- Who am I?
- Where did I come from?
- Where am I going (when I die)?
- How shall I live?
- And why?
Our goal is to cultivate a personal practice for awakening and ethical living that can be done within or without the context of a religion.
Tuition is $250 plus accommodations.